Tarot Personalities?

dlgriffin04

I know this might sound silly, but does anyone else here feel as though their tarot deck has a personality? I only own three decks, the Revelations Tarot, Hanson Roberts, and Transparent Tarot. My Hanson Roberts deck feels very feminine and patient. The TT and HR decks seems light and fair...equally both positive and negative when need be. But my Revelations deck...I love it, but I'm not so sure about it. I did a deck interview spread with this one I think back in November (although I have had it for at least a year before that), but it came out so negative. It made me feel as though my deck wanted to sprout legs and dictate the world lol. This deck feels very masculine, I rarely pull any positive cards (almost like it wants you to see all the negativity, or your negative shadow side), and it comes off to me like it's very powerful...if that makes sense? Every time I use one of my other decks I feel like it's angry at me lol. I thought it was just me until I got the other two decks...I don't have these issues with my other decks...just this one.

Does anyone else have this issue or is it all just in my head? lol

zephyr_heart

In fact I feel like you too, dlgriffin04. Been wanting to ask this, but can't seem to find the right word. Thank goodness you worded it correctly.

I have two I primarily read with, the Universal Marseille and the Lo Scarabeo.

My Marseille speak in the subtlest message they ever could, while my LoS speak with a wide variety of knowledge and understanding, I feel they like to tell me much. Too much perhaps, at times. I feel my LoS tend to be chatty and talk too much.
But once you understand how their temperament is, it's easy to understand them.

dlgriffin04

zephyr_heart said:
In fact I feel like you too, dlgriffin04. Been wanting to ask this, but can't seem to find the right word. Thank goodness you worded it correctly.

I have two I primarily read with, the Universal Marseille and the Lo Scarabeo.

My Marseille speak in the subtlest message they ever could, while my LoS speak with a wide variety of knowledge and understanding, I feel they like to tell me much. Too much perhaps, at times. I feel my LoS tend to be chatty and talk too much.
But once you understand how their temperament is, it's easy to understand them.

Well I sure am glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about my decks! lol. I don't have issues with the amount of information I can get with my cards. I do tend to get slightly more information with my revelations than the hanson roberts....but it's the nature of the information I get that worries me. With the revelations is usually always so negative...even if i ask a positive question that I know should have a positive answer, I'll give me the negative side of the question. I just don't understand why this deck is so powerful and has so much negative things to say!

I can agree that once you understand their temperament, it is easier to understand them!

shiresun

dlgriffin04 said:
...I did a deck interview spread with this one I think back in November (although I have had it for at least a year before that),

Is there a link to what this spread looks like? This idea sounds extremely fascinating, especially when getting to know a deck.

Thank you,

Shire

The Guided Hermit

I'll say they have personalities!

For some, the cards are images on paper. Tell that to some of my decks!

I have one that I do not use (The Sacred Rose). That is the most covetous deck that I have ever encountered. If I went more than a day touching that deck, it would send off such an attitude.....

My primary deck is the VIA. I have two of them and they offer different, yet complimentary personalities. My personal VIA (VIA1) is quite masculine in feeling and it hits you over the head with its readings. VIA2 is more sedate, more gentle and more ethereal in its readings.

I highly recommend trying the interview spread that has been provided. This is how I found my VIA :)

SunChariot

I don't think decks have a personality or anything that makes them sound alive. I do however think they tend to embody some of the personality of their creators. It is there in the choice of artwork and since I read by analysing the artwork or course each deck will read very differently for that reason.

Babs

zephyr_heart

SunChariot said:
I don't think decks have a personality or anything that makes them sound alive. I do however think they tend to embody some of the personality of their creators. It is there in the choice of artwork and since I read by analysing the artwork or course each deck will read very differently for that reason.

Babs
So they're basically 'do' that just because of the artwork?

dlgriffin04

The Guided Hermit said:
I'll say they have personalities!

For some, the cards are images on paper. Tell that to some of my decks!

I have one that I do not use (The Sacred Rose). That is the most covetous deck that I have ever encountered. If I went more than a day touching that deck, it would send off such an attitude.....

My primary deck is the VIA. I have two of them and they offer different, yet complimentary personalities. My personal VIA (VIA1) is quite masculine in feeling and it hits you over the head with its readings. VIA2 is more sedate, more gentle and more ethereal in its readings.

I highly recommend trying the interview spread that has been provided. This is how I found my VIA :)

When I first started tarot I also just saw my deck as cards with images on them. Until I bought the revelations tarot. It seemed to have a whole personality! Then I bought another deck and felt like my revelations tarot was angry at me for not using it! I've refused to pick up that deck for this reason since I thought the TT deck. I guess I feel the need to let it know that it doesn't have power over me lol.

dlgriffin04

SunChariot said:

Babs

That makes a lot of sense and I kind of wondered too if the art work had anything to do with it. I bought the revelations on impulse....I just saw the side of the box and felt like that was my deck and I had to have it. And I don't buy things on impulse. But I also loved it for the vibrant colors and the fact that the art was done for both upright and reverse. I figured it would help me learn the cards better reversed instead of looking at an upside down picture lol. The art isn't negative or disturbing, but it is darker than my other two decks.