Alcohol and accuracy?

Syrinx

I am interested in hearing your experiences regarding reading with alcohol in your system. My first mentor told me that drinking ANY amount of alcohol 24 hrs before a reading would affect accuracy. This has made me somewhat paranoid of drinking at all, and I really do appreciate wine and beer, especially since my husband and I brew our own from scratch. A while back I was having a pint with a friend and she begged me to read for her; I was very hesitant and told her she couldn't hold me accountable for the accuracy. It seemed, however, to turn out well anyway, but I didn't feel very good about myself afterward, and am not confident in the 'purity' of the information.

Am I being excessively cautious here? What do you all think?

Thank you in advance for your response!

cricket

Very much excessively conscious, IMO.

There have been many, many people who traded short readings for drinks at parties that have been accurate as long as they kept their drinking within the bounds of moderation.

DEV1L

I don't know about anybody else but I get extremely accurate when I am drunk, I it lets my inabitions down a bit and I am not scared to look beyond.

When I am drunk and stoned I am at the top of my game, a lot of ancient psychic used methodone and other drugs to get in touch with there psychic abilities, Nostrodamus is one of these.

The American indians and Maori tribes used magic mushrooms to get intouch with the spirits.

Once when i was at a nightclub I was very drunk, I seen this girl and just had to tell her she needed to ring her brother, she looked at me funny but she did ring him to which her father ansewed her brothers phone and told the girl that her brother was in hospital and had been stabbed in an argument with his girlfriend, she thanked me and went to the hospital straight away, she also asked for my number as she wanted a reading from me, we met a few weeks later and I gave her a reading we still keep in touch.

So to your question, no alcohol does not dull your psychic senses.

Sanctum_Priest

But it may affect your ability to remember what you said the following morning!

Glitterbird

You should do what you feel comfortable with. Thats what I love about reading Tarot!

gregory

DEV1L said:
I don't know about anybody else but I get extremely accurate when I am drunk, I it lets my inabitions down a bit and I am not scared to look beyond.

When I am drunk and stoned I am at the top of my game
How do you know ? And wouldn't a responsible reader need a few inhibitions to relay the message with "taste and decency". You can't just blurt out every last thing you see without paying attention to what the sitter's needs are.

Le Fanu

Excessively cautious...

A bit of alcohol in my system is good for me when I read. I'm not thinking about accuracy as I have no idea about whether it was the alcohol or not which might have caused it. However, I can sometimes - in certain moments - be a bit coy about reading for others. I am not professional and I tend not to like being pushed into doing a reading when we have friends round for dinner. If I have had a few drinks, I tend to be "Oh what the heck" and just do it...

prettywicked

I also heard it's not good to do readings when drunk, but one day I went to a party a day after I receieved my new cards. I kept my cards in my purse, and drank about 5 pony bottles of beer (not a lot but had it in my system). The readings were really good, better than I ever did before, I was shocked.. especially because they were new cards & I haven't gotten a chance to even study or meditate with them all yet. I did readings for about 5 girls, all of which I knew nothing about.. and things came out that they were shocked to hear that I knew about them.

Lilija

A drink or two, just being mildly buzzed is ok, maybe even good for me sometimes, when I'm reading. I couldn't read longterm (like for a party) like that, I'd probably wind up with my head spinning.

I have read in varying stages of drunkenness, from buzzed to roaring sloppy drunk. The "good, relaxing, everything's flowing feeling" caps out after a few, and pretty soon things just start getting silly.

Nocturnal Lure

Slightly buzzed works very well...

I have spent some birthday parties of friends reading for guests. With quite a bit of single malt in my blood, at birthdays good single malt Islay Whisky counts as "payment", I have had some wonderful readings. I found it easier to follow my intuition and easier to be direct... I had a flow going.

There is however a difference between well buzzed and completely hamered, the latter I wouldn't recomend, seeing double may give very strange readings indeed.

I present to you the high priestess and her evil twin Amelia...*burb*