Ultimate Tarot Question?

greatdane

Whether you use just tarot, or tarot in combination with other systems (runes etc), what is the ONE question you either want to know, yet haven't found the answer to OR THE most important question you did ask, AND got an answer to?

Alta

Your question isn't clear to me. :confused:

greatdane

Sorry, Alta!

OK, let me try to rephrase....What is the most important question for you to find out using tarot or the most important question you've asked and gotten a really good answer to? Better?

Shade

I once asked the cards whether future events were fixed or, if not, to what degree they can be changed. It was a very interesting spread.

Not nearly as a big a question as when Rachel Pollack did a spread to find out about the creation of the universe in her book The Forest of Souls.

greatdane

Wow, Shade!

Great question and one I wouldn't have thought to ask the cards! Thanks for that.

I always wonder what some people may ask their decks, what questions they may reallly want to ask, but don't, either fearing the answer or not being ready to know, and, even more interesting to me, WHAT questions they've asked AND gotten an answer to!

GD

canid

There's no specific question in mind but the ones that are most important to me pertain to spirit contact & verification that the 'other side', whatever choice of words you use, exists.

shiresun

Before I ever got my own deck and began my journey, I'd gone to an online Oracle to ask about how to find a teacher, and the answer (the resolution of the 3 card spread) was that a teacher would appear, but in disguise. That teacher, it turned out, is Tarot. That was the most awesome moment in more years than I can recall. Life has changed beyond words since then.

Peace,

Shire

ncefafn

Forty-two.

Tarot Orat

I did a general "What's in store for me this year" New Year's Day reading and got, hard on the heels of each other, the Devil and the Tower. And that was the year I stopped drinking and joined AA. It took me until the next New Year's Day reading to realize it, though! I was looking back through the notebook and saw how unhappy I'd been w/ that reading at the time, and couldn't believe how dead-on accurate - and positive! - it was. The Devil was there but I faced it down; the Tower was there but I needed all those old walls to crash at my feet.

canid

shiresun said:
Before I ever got my own deck and began my journey, I'd gone to an online Oracle to ask about how to find a teacher, and the answer (the resolution of the 3 card spread) was that a teacher would appear, but in disguise. That teacher, it turned out, is Tarot. That was the most awesome moment in more years than I can recall. Life has changed beyond words since then.

Peace,

Shire

That is really cool! Very profound; many people's first question would be about finding their soul mate, which I personally don't believe exists. At least not just one, & they certainly don't have as much significance as the current mindset. WE are our soulmates.