Can you sleep with more than one tarot deck?

CelestialHorse

I have 3 tarot decks but I think my Rider Waite probably needs a lot more owrk than faery cards and animal cards. I just use Rider Waites a lot more. Anyway

1. Can I sleep with all three or two different decks at the same time or should I just do one?

I do hear you may have disturbing dreams or vivid dreams..but that's nothing new lol.

2. What should I expect when I sleep tonight while the cards are under my pillow?

I have been cleansing them. I kept crystals on them for awhile now and I re-ordered them.

Debra

Yes, sure, but it might hurt your reputation...be sure to use protection :D

franniee

Why do you think you need to sleep with your cards?

Because ..... You don't.

AmethystEyes

:bugeyed: I've never slept with mine.....planned anyway lol
But I don't think more than one will make you a deck slut :laugh: Unless your cards are the jealous type ;)

Silver Crow

I've slept with decks under my pillow when traveling when I was younger. More than one never made a difference but I did always clear them before bed.

MareSaturni

I sleep with a deck - but because I like to, not because I must. And I don't even put them under my pillow, I just put them in a bag and sleep with it by my side. I'm so used to it I move the deck while sleeping, so I won't lay on it.

There's no rule saying you have to sleep with your deck. Do it if you like it. If you don't, or if it's going to trouble you, don't do. And you can sleep with all your decks... though that will make a your bed kinda uncomfortable...

Don't ask me why I like sleeping with a deck. I also sleep with three plush owls! I think I just get lonely at night :(

LOL! :laugh:

CelestialHorse

I just heard that sleeping with cards cleanses them is all and you bond with them.

shadowdancer

you should be okay but my two pennyworth:

if under the pillow is there a danger they could get a little bent out of shape? I know I am a wriggler, and heck knows where a deck would end up in the bed by the morning :) and in what condition.

I have 5 decks in pelican cases (soon to be 6) right next to my bed in my bedside cabinet, along with a couple of Illuminated, my own created patchwork deck and my own Tarot of Innocence. Now you would think with that many decks my dreams would be a mess but trust me - they are no different to the usual. So I would say the amount of decks you have will be fine. I just can't help but think 3 decks under a pillow could lead to a very sleepless night due to not being comfortable.

Davina

Sinduction

CelestialHorse said:

I just heard that sleeping with cards cleanses them is all and you bond with them.
It is not necessary to do so. You can if you want but this is what we typically refer to as a tarot myth.

Even though Silver Crow might bite my head off for saying so! :D

There are no rules in tarot. You are free to do or do not. It will only make a difference if you believe it will.

I do none of these things and I've yet to run into problems.

tarotlaura

I never slept with any of my decks...but I am so lovin some of the responses to this thread.:D *Pictures her decks getting jealous and fight over who was going to sleep with me and who was going to stay in the box...Hey come on now, a girl can dream now can't she?:D*
I think it might be quite uncomfortable to sleep with a deck under my pillow. Kind of like sleeping on a brick. I suppose you could but for bonding purposes, I'm a shuffler, so I tend to sit and shuffle my cards when I am watching TV and relaxing. That's how I bond with mine.