Funniest Comments re Tarot?

greatdane

What have been some of the funniest comments anyone has made to you re tarot? Not necessarily funny, as in ha ha, but well, just so off the wall, you couldn't believe any one could be so.....let's say, uninformed and/or rude....when stating their thoughts to you re tarot.

I've been lucky, I guess. No one has said much to me, although I don't go around wearing a Tarot Crone tshirt or anything. So let me live vicariously through some of the comments you've heard please!

Thanks!

GD

hottierockstar

girl at work: oh you shouldn't mess with tarot cards!! they are *dangerous* and baaaaaad...ever since this one lady did the cards on me evil spirits have been visiting me and bad things have been happening to me.

Dusk Till Dawn

The comments I recently got were: "since when are you involved with occultism" and "are you doing actual spells?"
The comments made, almost jeopardized my Family. People should think before they talk.

Libra8ca

How do you play with these cards? :D :D (the person thought it's some kind of new game)

KariRoad

For me it's the fixed grin and glassy eyed stare as they slowly move backwards that says it all.

greatdane

Thanks All for SHARING!

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your tarot moments from those less informed people around us.

hottierockstar - sooo I'm curious. What did you say to her? Did you tell her you could remove the curse? Sorry, couldn't resist!

Seeker - so sorry about your experience. You're right, people should think first before speaking, unfortunately, many don't and not just about tarot.

Libra8ca - I have to hear the rest of that story!

KariRoad - I hope you don't disappoint them and looking appropriately evil and squinty-eyed as they walk away lol.

Blessings all,

GD

Chronata

aww man...I have been doing an event this past weekend, where I do tarot readings in a shared booth at a halloween event. This is in a mostly rural community.

The other two readers are a palmist and an oracle card reader (of Virtue decks)

And when people come by, they will inevitably want to see the palmist first (if she's available) or the Angel card reader...but many do NOT want a reading from me.

I asked several times why...?

"Oh you know...the Tarot...that's so scary!" (or I also heard "It's the Devil")

I try my best to persuade them that the three of us do pretty much the same exact thing...only we use different tools to get the info.

Luckily though, I have convinced a few that the tarot isn't freaky or scary at all...by giving them a reading.

But wow... it has been an uphill climb.

nejigurlmimi

had a kid walk into class, look at me (and my lovely tarot deck)and scream DEVIL CARDS!!!!!!

greatdane

Wow Chronata!

Thanks for sharing that. Just really shows the point, doesn't it? They won't question where others got their gift or skill, or whatever anyone wants to call it, from, yet if you read tarot...their mind instantly goes to something evil.

I'm lucky in that since I was a psychology major and also am known for checking out new things, I think family and friends just think, oh, it's just her doing something different again! I also throw some psychology terms at them and they leave me alone! I figure better to bore or confuse them than have them make the Sign of the Cross and run :), although....

hottierockstar

greatdane said:
hottierockstar - sooo I'm curious. What did you say to her? Did you tell her you could remove the curse? Sorry, couldn't resist!
GD
OOH! i wish i had!!! LOL

I basically just said to her "they are pieces of *paper*, they only have the power you give them"