Funniest Comments re Tarot?

Rosanne

I had a new deck laid on the table and friend came in and said....
"Oh is that the Catholic Monopoly game..????."
I thought she was joshing with me, so I said
"yes- it comes with a round board, and it is bit like Church hall Bingo"

" Isn't amazing how Churches are into commercial projects these days"

I had to stop it there and ask if she had ever seen my Tarot decks......:D

She laughed then.

~Rosanne

greatdane

There are always those

who will be frightened of something different, something they don't understand.

chrissydogz

my bf said one time "sack em to your tarot god!." he was only kidding ofcoarse but i had to tell him that there is no "tarot god." i havent really had anybody say things to me directly but i"ll overhear them as they walk by and it always annoys me.

Vanny

Libra8ca said:
How do you play with these cards? :D :D (the person thought it's some kind of new game)

Something similar happened to me. I live in an apartment building and I was doing a reading for my next door neighbor. We were sitting at the table next to the pool and another neighbor walked by and said "Oh what are you playing?" The person I was reading for and I just looked at each other and cracked up.

zan_chan

Someone once asked me, "Are you into it [tarot] because you're gay, or are you gay because you're into girl stuff?"

Umm, neither?

The crowned one

"But your a guy, with an education..."

I said "exactly"

zan_chan

The crowned one said:
"But your a guy, with an education..."

I said "exactly"

LOL!

Just the other day I had someone ask, "But you don't really believe it, right? It's just for fun?"

And later added, "But I usually hold you in such high regard..."

:laugh:

nisaba

the obvious comeback is, in a saddened tone: "Yes, and before this little chat I used to hold you in such high regard, too."

Sinduction

nisaba said:
"But don't you already have a Tarot deck? What do you need another one for?"
My other half said this to me once. Once. :D

zan_chan said:
Someone once asked me, "Are you into it [tarot] because you're gay, or are you gay because you're into girl stuff?"

Umm, neither?
omg. That's funny and sad all at the same time. I was unaware that tarot was considered feminine. It is a male dominated occupation out here.

I can't recall anyone saying anything to me about tarot. Where I live is pretty progressive with issues like that. The only people I haven't come out to are my fiance's parents but that's only because he asked me not to.

I'm actually surprised that people are so ignorant. Now I feel left out, I want some crazy people to harass me too! :D

chrissydogz

reading some of the posts in this thread is really making me want to facepalm. i also get tired of the "tarot is evil and satanic bla bla bla" type speeches.