Is your favorite deck your most used deck?

aimeez4eva

It might sound silly to some people, but my most favorite Tarot deck is Legacy of the Divine, but I generally read with rider-waite :D

So is your favorite deck the most used deck in your collection?

Another Question:
Is your favorite tarot deck the deck you find easiest to read with?

Thanks for your time :)

VGimlet

My favorite deck is probably my Mary-el, or my Rock and Roll tarot.

I usually read with the Gilded, Thoth, or the Flornoy, in order of use for clients.

For myself, I do a daily 3 card reading with a different deck every week (long, ongoing project to read with all my decks) and haven't used a specific deck for a long time.

The R&R is probably the most difficult for me to read with of all the decks I've listed here.

nisaba

aimeez4eva said:
So is your favorite deck the most used deck in your collection?
Used as in the sense of baring carried around and loved and looked at, perhaps. Used in the sense of doing formal readings with, no. I do few-if-any readings for myself, and when I read for other people I usually go for their taste in decks, allowing them to choose something.

aimeez4eva said:
Is your favorite tarot deck the deck you find easiest to read with?
Of my entire collection, there are probably only three or four I find difficult to read with - the rest are equally easy, pretty much. I am *friendlier* with some decks than with others, but I can read with nearly all of them equally easily.

aimeez4eva

"For myself, I do a daily 3 card reading with a different deck every week (long, ongoing project to read with all my decks) and haven't used a specific deck for a long time."

Wow I wouldn't be able to do that! I am very picky and usually only use my rider-waite, I get easily frustrated with other decks :s

"Of my entire collection, there are probably only three or four I find difficult to read with - the rest are equally easy, pretty much. I am *friendlier* with some decks than with others, but I can read with nearly all of them equally easily."

I would love to say that, but some decks and their symbolism is so hard to understand for me... well almost all decks that aren't close in symbolism to the rider-waite..

nisaba

Ah, but I don't read by memorised meanings, which cxould trap you if you are used to a given set of meanings. I read buy the images I see in front of me.

Cassandra022

my favorite tend to be a combination of love the art and reads really well for me...overall though, i tend to switch a lot between decks when i'm in a tarot intense period of interest so...it depends. last year, i didnt really use/study tarot much due to having other things on the mind, but when i did grab a deck once in a while to read, it tended to be the favorite (LoD, same as you) but now that i have time/working with cards more, i alternate decks because well, whats the point of having a whole bunch of decks unless i use them all? at least thats how i see it, lol

Styx

My most used deck is, I think, my Mystic Dreamer Tarot, though it's not my favourite; but it is the one I carry around most easily and the one I'm most often required to read with for others (I occasionally read for a few of my friends).
The one I use most to read for myself or to think is my Tarot of the Origins.

greatdane

I tend to read back to back, one card draws with a couple decks. My favs are Anna. K and Uni Waite, although I often read with the Secret and the Vampire Tarot as well. If I keep decks, they're favorities. When you don't have a huge collection, seems most decks get their reading time in, particularly when you do one card draws with most of them for different perspectives!

gregory

My favourite is de la Rea. I have never read with it. But it's BEAUTIFUL !

Altena

The decks on top of my list are:
Greenwood
Deirdre of the Sorrows
Vanessa
Tarot of Vampyres
Granny Jones Australian Tarot
Steampunk Tarot
Ironwing
Bohemian Gothic

I use the Steampunk for daily draws these days, but rarely read with any of the others. Oh, it happens on occasions when I feel like it, but for most parts I pull the cards out just to look at them. I'd never consider parting with them though, not even the ones easily accessible such as the Vampyres or Vanessa. They just mean far too much for me to let them go. Emotionally speaking those are the decks I feel most attached to and they speak to me in ways that no other decks do.