Is your favorite deck your most used deck?

Richard

My most used deck is probably Hanson-Roberts. I like it because it's so visually pleasant and a worthy member of the RWS clone family. It gets the most use because I often consult it regarding less important mundane (sometimes even frivolous) matters.

My favorite is Universal Waite, which is reserved for deeper insight into issues which deserve more attention or have a prominent spiritual component.

greatdane

Ah, Love Uni Waite too, LRichard! It is like my grandfather deck....straight, to the point, a bit stern. Wouldn't dare ask it something frivolous LOL.

Mellaenn

My most used deck is the Gilded because it's the deck I use when I read professionally.

My favorite deck personally is really a habit I have of combining two decks; the Victorian Romantic and her dark sister, the Bohemian Gothic. I lay out the reading using one or the other of these decks and then pull the corresponding card in the other deck for a "light and shadow" perspective. I love :heart: doing this!

greatdane

THAT'S interesting, Mellaenn!

I like how you combine dark and light!

GD

Cerulean

Favorite not read / Favorites being learned

My linen papet oversize di Vecci with Egyptian designs and a cartomancy that no one seems to use. I read it one to three cards but not perfect nor close to its instrictions.

My Lismon and Etteillas and curious looks into continuing cartomancy from1890 through the twentieth century. This is not always deck specific, but allows me to visit so many pretty designs I read with closer to the imstructions.
Right now going through 3 variations of the Modiano 184. So it is my pick of the week.

Libra8ca

My favorite decks are my most used decks. One of my favorites is the Bohemian Gothic but I've also been using oracle decks that I find attractive lately (particularly Heart of Faerie).

I find I get the best readings from decks I like. If I don't like the artwork of a deck or the colors then that irritates me and it hinders the flow of a reading.

Sinduction

aimeez4eva said:
So is your favorite deck the most used deck in your collection?
My favorite is the Transparent but I only use it to read for myself. My most used is probably the Radiant Rider. I hate the deck but on the weekends I read in a dark dance club and the Radiant is the only one I can really see in low light. When I do actual events, with more light, I use other decks. But the Transparent is mine. I let others look at it and handle it but I won't read them with it.
Is your favorite tarot deck the deck you find easiest to read with?
Yes. I have this weird connection with the Transparent. It sees right through me! :D

Alta

Interesting question and true for me. The decks that I like best are not necessarily the decks that I draw out for readings.

I really like: the Minute, the Gaian majors-only, the Secret, Shadowscapes and some others, but..

I read with: the RWS (yellow box or Universal) and Shadowscapes. So that latter is the only real overlap.