Earthquakes -

Aladdin

This is going to seem a bit of an odd question, one which i can't yet construct a reading around.
Did anyone in the southwest or even out of the UK experience any earth tremor on Friday 25th of March at 12.12 or 13 pm, lasting about 7 seconds? Plates on my microwave rattled and there was an almost subsonic resonance emanating from the west.
Today (saturday) both my neighbours called Michael(!) were taken into hospital, one has died - i gave him a lift down the road Friday afternoon and all was well then. Am seriously wondering if this was a mordant premonition as nobody else in Torbay seems to have experienced this. But lo, there was apparently an earthquake with an epicentre some 25 from Bude in the Bristol channel at about 12.45am Saturday morning.
I don't normally post this sort of thing but this one disturbs me. Any responses are welcome.

graspee

I can see how this series of events would unnerve you. It would probably unnerve me too.

Seen from outside your situation though it is easier for me to try to show you how this is not something you need to worry about.

Firstly let's look at the facts:

In the same 24 hour period, both your neighbours called Michael were taken to hospital and you experienced an early morning earthquake which no-one else seems to have noticed.

OK.

First of all, the fact that both your neighbours are called Michael is a small coincidence, but it's a fairly common name. The main fact here is that they have always been Michael and have been living next to you for a long time (I assume), so their being named the same is not part of the spooky chain of things.

Next, both your neighbours were taken into hospital. This is a straight-up coincidence. The fact that one of them then died is very sad for all the people who know this person.

In another separate event, there was an earthquake near you. This having happened on the same day your neighbours were taken into hospital is obviously a coincidence too, but then things that are out of the ordinary do happen together sometimes, and you got your two neighbours being taken into hospital on the same day as a minor earthquake.

Lastly, the earthquake was very minor. We get more of them than people realise. If you personally feel one it can be quite frightening. The fact is though that most people would have been in bed, or out on the lash at this time (fri night/sat morning) so not many people would even have realised an earthquake was going on. This accounts for your lack of other people feeling it. The fact that the earthquake was official and reported should allay any fears you have that you are being personally targeted by dark, rumbling forces.

Hope I helped,

graspee

amethyst57

as one who experienced death omens since i was in my teens, your experiences sound more like mere creepy coincidences...
besides i have never heard of quakes portending a death before...

Alta

Perhaps you might want to throw a few cards on the situation with your neighbours.

Aladdin

Graspee and Rocksgurl,

Thank you for your replies, i am sure you are both right.
The odd thing was that i felt this tremor at about 12 minutes past 12 midday and the actual reported quake was apparently about 12.45 more than twelve hours later, registering 3.6 on the Richter scale. Not big but significant for Great Britain.
If this was a 'foreshock' nobody in Paignton who i have so far spoken to felt it.

Alta, thanks for the encouragement, i will cast a few cards to see what turns up but this seems like a ripple in a tea cup on reflection.

shadowdancer

well we have had some quakes here - and are still getting them :( if you do a reading re the quake itself I would exect unsettled cards to be there - maybe headed by the good old Tower itself.

Davina

Aladdin

Well, for what this is worth i cast a shortish spread a day ago asking: Can the Tarot tell me if there was any significance to the earth tremor only i seemed to have felt in our locality ?

I always shuffle the cards upright, inverted, then upright again, don't know why, just do.
On the inverted shuffling 4 of swords fell out face down.
Normally i would place any face down card back in the pack but felt compelled to look at this one. This came out stuck to another on a previous very different subject reading.

I chose four cards with no positional meanings for present time display, consulting the Cosmic Tarot.

First was Queen of pentacles,
Second, 8 of pentacles,
Third, King of cups,
Fourth, 10 of wands.

To the left for immediate past (days) i took the end left card off the spread which gave me Wheel of Fortune.

To the right for future in days, Princess of cups appeared.

Quite frankly i cannot deduce very much from this at all !

I always look for what isn't present and with the possible exception of the falling 4 of swords which didn't show up, there are no air cards but a balance of the other suites.

WoF is one major arcana which i find very ambiguous.
All i can conclude from this is that the household remains stable, that things will continue to be very hard work which the rumble of 'the gods' has reminded me of and not to dismiss any future offers of help. (Have just had one earlier today with the garden).

I am reductionistic by nature and look at things in basic ways as much as possible but others might just see different possibilities which i am open minded to. Candidly, i doubt there is any great meaning in this one.