Dealing with exhaustion after a reading

Torkie

I'm having trouble dealing with some readings just wiping me out. I've noticed there's a certain kind of reading I do that makes me drop, specifically when the meanings don't jump out at me, and I have to work a bit more at finding them, and when I don't know the situation involved. For example, I mostly read for my co-workers, and I'm usually very familiar with the situation before they ask any questions about it.

Yesterday I read for a guy I've only talked to two or three times. Interpreting the cards took quite a bit of work, and I was dead on my feet half an hour later and slept for 14 hours that night.

Anyway, I'm curious as to if anyone else has to deal with that level of exhaustion after a reading, and most importantly, how do you deal with it?

Egypt

exaustion

If you are dealing with exaustion after your reads, then you need to practice more. reading a strangers tarot rather than someone that you know is much different. A stangers tarot will take more of a though process and story juggle. If you are having trouble with exaustion after your read, then you should ask the client a few questions about them selves , or what their question in mind is. You could also ask them if there is any specific matter that is troubling them . IT happens to me when i stress as well. Make sure to meditate before doing your reads, sometimes you need to relax and let the engergy flow through you instead of fighting it.

Empath111

Oh, something I can help with! :) LOL

I am a physical therapist and learned a new technique..you have to be very "in tune" with the patient's energy flow and be quite quiet to feel the changes the tissues go through. Like massage work..people who work so closely with others need to "ground themselves". This I didn't know, and had the same symptoms as you! I also get that when reading for others..or sometimes being around a lot of emotions (as you see from my name here- it is called being empathic). My problem was when a patient would have a trauma (like a car accident) and the tissue release I did would also release an emotion (scared etc0 and I would be exhausted afterwards..lightheaded almost--"woozy". Does this sound like you?

If so, you need to ground yourself and protect yourself. You can google "grounding exercises" and you can get help. Basically, your energy should be planted down low..feeling everything go into the ground - versus having it whirling around your head. Then once you do that you visualize a protective shield around you- white light usually..to separate yourself from others. I also used crystals to help me ground myself. I also sit in a room with plants, crystals and a water fountain..anything in nature is grounding. You basically cannot take on others emotions, or get taken off in the high of the reading. I will ground myself, feel the high and then re-ground.

I have tapes that help me with this..they are made for healthcare providers, but they help anyone- if you are interested I will send you the link.
:)
edited to add:
It may not have only been that you were reading for someone new..it may have been someone who was "ungrounded". At this point I can "feel" someone who is ungrounded without touching them..took a while. So, that may have been a factor too- as well as not knowing them and being unfamiliar. :) Good luck.

Torkie

Egypt said:
If you are dealing with exaustion after your reads, then you need to practice more. reading a strangers tarot rather than someone that you know is much different. A stangers tarot will take more of a though process and story juggle. If you are having trouble with exaustion after your read, then you should ask the client a few questions about them selves , or what their question in mind is. You could also ask them if there is any specific matter that is troubling them . IT happens to me when i stress as well. Make sure to meditate before doing your reads, sometimes you need to relax and let the engergy flow through you instead of fighting it.

I dunno if it makes any difference, but I always have them tell me their question beforehand (so we can work out the phrasing - usually changing yes/no questions to something more descriptive), and I always have them handle the deck.

Empath111

I just read Egypt said relax/meditate before reads..that is a form of rounding:)

Torkie

Empath111 said:
I just read Egypt said relax/meditate before reads..that is a form of rounding:)

Grr. Of course grounding would be the answer -_- I'm somewhat experienced with energy work, and grounding is my mortal enemy.

But thank you for your suggestions - I'll try grounding and shielding (which thankfully I'm pretty good at) to see if that helps. But right now I'm really feeling like my energy is being drained straight out of me. I've dealt with too much ungrounded energy before, and the experience was not like what I'm working with now.

Empath111

Torkie said:
Grr. Of course grounding would be the answer -_- I'm somewhat experienced with energy work, and grounding is my mortal enemy.

But thank you for your suggestions - I'll try grounding and shielding (which thankfully I'm pretty good at) to see if that helps. But right now I'm really feeling like my energy is being drained straight out of me. I've dealt with too much ungrounded energy before, and the experience was not like what I'm working with now.
I'm sorry it wasn't helpful- I guess I should have asked if you are familiar with grounding before I went on and on...

But I did get the same exhaustion you mentioned. It built up on me and was awful..had no idea what it was. At that point I also took baths with sea salt crystals..did a lot of "cleansing" stuff since it was too far gone. But boy, what a learning experience:(

Why is grounding your mortal enemy? LOL Just curious. It is naturally difficult for me - I have always been high energy and now I understand why. I was surprised by the woman who owned the clinic and taught me the energy work- I told her a friend of mine said I needed to learn a technique to work there. Her response: "You are the most grounded person I know".
What a laugh!

She was wonderful at some things..just not feeling when people were /weren't grounded. LOL So, I learned the hard way- I was thinking I had mono or something...so exhausted. Her advice to me- find something you strongly believe in and stick with it (like religion). Umm..I already was doing that. So, I found lots of forums and info on the net. I hope you figure it out!! So at that point the "cleansing" was what helped me.
I hope you feel better- please let us know what works..or if you figure it out:)

one more thing to add: Readings (psychic/tarot etc) does raise your vibrations..so that alone will add to making you "higher". Which is good for the readings, just bad for how we feel depleted after. I am wondering how close you became with this person (not physically..but in order to get a good read) and if that affected you too. Just thoughts:)

Torkie

Empath111 said:
Why is grounding your mortal enemy?
I'm super, super bad at it. I've actually pretty much stopped doing energy work altogether because I can't flush out all my excess energy. For me, the best methods of grounding are pretty mundane: eat a very healthy meal, preferably with some meat in it, drink lots of water and tea, and rest with a familiar activity. Unfortunately, the last reading I did was at my break at work. I still had 4 hours to work after that, and you can't really stop for a steak while you're on the clock. I actually never considered shielding, so I think that might really help.

one more thing to add: Readings (psychic/tarot etc) does raise your vibrations..so that alone will add to making you "higher". Which is good for the readings, just bad for how we feel depleted after. I am wondering how close you became with this person (not physically..but in order to get a good read) and if that affected you too. Just thoughts:)
Hmm. Tarot is the first "psychic" activity I've delved in to, and I'm doing it quite a bit lately. I'm hoping that with some practice and experience, I'll stop getting completely drained. I'm hoping that it'll be like a muscle ;).

As for the guy I just read for, I actually don't know him very well at all. Normally I ask plenty of questions during the reading to get to know them better, but I was in a rush so I didn't.

Do you think working on grounding and energy raising beforehand will help? Most of the energy I raise is from me, so that would be pretty pointless - but if I can work on drawing more in from my surroundings, it might help.

Empath111

I have a terrible time grounding too..and once out of practice I have to start in slow steps. But, there was a course my co-workers told me to go to..I couldn't afford it, but found the CD's online (can download mp3-or whatever it is called) :) I did that on a fairly regular basis- one tape in particular. I can send you that info/link.

I think you techniques are good- I did that too, but it wasn't enough for me when I really pushed myself. (Like work got hectic). So I would listen to the tape prior to work, and then before a patient came in I would picture all of the energy running slowly into the ground..sitting I would try to get it to my butt..then butt to floor..into floor...grow roots. If I started out good at the beginning of the day I could do this in 30 seconds. Breathing too. Then I would continue it and shielding during the session. I got to realize who would drain me more..and who less..so that helped to prepare. I would then ground patients too so they could heal..and so we both wouldn't be flying high..LOL.

I think the key is to get as grounded as possible prior to a reading. then, once you start your vibrations will get higher as you ask for assistance and guidance.

Many people do the grounding and shielding..then picture white light coming from their "source" into the top of their head. Everyone's source is different- mine is God. So, that helps with the spiritual and protective component, while the other things (like you and I mentioned) help with the grounding. So, you want to ground so you can feel when you are getting too high (OK during a read to get higher) but then you have to go back down to replenish. If you aren't grounded, you don't recognize when you're not- at least for me.

I can see going from work and reading on a lunch break would be very hard to be centered. I had to eventually work out of my home and do my "stuff" in between patients. So, maybe no readings on break..you see and try things and find what works for you:)

http://www.healingfromthecore.com/products.shtml
I recommend healing from the core- Basic relaxation and energizing exercises:) I have all 10 tapes..still mastering tape 2-LOL. This one focuses on grounding.

Sometimes when I am too ungrounded to sit and meditate..a nice tape was one that had you listen and walk. that put me a bit lower to eventually get to the meditation point.
http://www.healthjourneys.com/MainCategory.aspx?mcid=1
Meditations to relieve stress..Belleruth Naparstuk

The one I like is a walking one..just has you look around as you walk..takes the mind chatter out. Prepares you to meditate if life is to hectic.

Maybe someone else has ideas:) Getting outdoors helps a lot too..at break or before reading.
I hope some of this helped:)

nisaba

Let the reading flow through you rather than making it come from you, then it really isn't your energy you're using at all, and they slide out nice and easy, even confronting readings.

And you hardly remember them afterwards, except in the vagueist way. After all, they're not really any of your business.

So I recommend just putting the cards on the table, putting your mouth in Automatic, and letting it do its stuff without too much conscious interference from you.