What do you expect from a professional Tarot reading?

What do you expect from a professional Tarot reading?

• Total voters

IheartTarot

Please let me know what you expect from a Tarot (or other divination) reading that you pay someone else for.

Please feel free to comment and please explain the "other" responses below.

NikkiB

Most of those really, I insight, guidence, prediction... anything that could help my understanding and potential to move forward... I expect to be able to ask questions as well...

IheartTarot

NikkiB said:
Most of those really, I insight, guidence, prediction... anything that could help my understanding and potential to move forward... I expect to be able to ask questions as well...

Thanks for voting NikkiB! Can you elaborate on the type of questions you would expect to be able to ask? Are they related to the poll options listed or do they suggest other options?

BodhiSeed

I agree with NikkiB. It would depend on the question I came to the reader with - it might require insight, uncovering what I can't see, a possible outcome, etc. All of those could apply at one time or another.

IheartTarot

bodhran said:
I agree with NikkiB. It would depend on the question I came to the reader with - it might require insight, uncovering what I can't see, a possible outcome, etc. All of those would apply at one time or another.

Thanks for voting bodhran! To clarify, the poll should cover all possible reasons for paying for a reading (they do not all need to apply at once).

NikkiB

IheartTarot said:
Thanks for voting NikkiB! Can you elaborate on the type of questions you would expect to be able to ask? Are they related to the poll options listed or do they suggest other options?

well I may want to ask questions about something that come up in the reading for clarity or depth, I may have something on my mind that wasnt answered or addressed by the reading, or something in the reading may prompt a question about how to achieve something that came up as possible.... perhaps timescales... :)

IheartTarot

NikkiB said:
well I may want to ask questions about something that come up in the reading for clarity or depth, I may have something on my mind that wasnt answered or addressed by the reading, or something in the reading may prompt a question about how to achieve something that came up as possible.... perhaps timescales... :)

OK thanks NikkiB! Please let me know if you think of any other options I left out later (it's tricky setting up a poll before you know the answers!). :)

Frayling0

Just as a sort of point/disclaimer:

a lot of people who don't understand tarot themselves, class it as 'fortune telling' and expect professionals to predict their future. I don't really believe in future predictions via tarot cards, but clients seem to expect it lol!

My opinion is that tarot cards highlight subconscious problems and bring many threads together - but they don't necessarily see into the unknowing future.

aranarose

Frayling0 said:

a lot of people who don't understand tarot themselves, class it as 'fortune telling' and expect professionals to predict their future. I don't really believe in future predictions via tarot cards, but clients seem to expect it lol!

My opinion is that tarot cards highlight subconscious problems and bring many threads together - but they don't necessarily see into the unknowing future.

I've made predictions with the cards, but they were more, "This is they path you're on, this is the lifestyle you're leading. IF you keep going in this direction, then this is what could happen." They're common sense predictions, nothing miraculous or amazing.

IheartTarot

Frayling0 said:

I'm not sure I follow your point in the context of this poll. To clarify, you should only choose the possible options that you personally might expect if you paid someone else for a reading.