Tarot Tattoos?

KMilliron

Bored eighteen year old+ pen= Fake tattoos drawn all over arm. Which got me thinking, does anyone you know have any tarot tattoos? I drew a few I liked. A scriptive "7S" (seven of swords is my favorite card) and flames on my arm made up of VII S (seven of swords again) and XVI (tower)

May google some pictures if this boredom continues. :D

GryffinSong

KMilliron said:
...May google some pictures if this boredom continues. :D

Or better yet, photograph your temp tats and post them here so we can see. :)

KMilliron

GryffinSong said:
Or better yet, photograph your temp tats and post them here so we can see. :)
D: Just washed them. WILL HAVE TO DO MORE!! Where's that pen?

GryffinSong

Very cool!

Linh

That is beautiful! You are quite artistic :)

nisaba

I would never have a Tarot tattoo. Reason being, if I were going to "brand myself", I'd want it to be an image that other people would immediately recognise and identify correctly as Tarot, ie, a RW image. But I'm not all that much of a RW girl and I'd probably actually want a Granny Jones image (maybe Temperance). But nobody but me would know what it was - it would just be bodily graffiti to most people.

But if I were a lawyer, or a judge, I'd hang a huge replica of the RW "Justice" in my office and/or courtroom in an instant without a qualm or a quibble. Any hey, I have relatives and relatives-not-quite-in-law who are in the legal profession. Nah, I don't think I'll suggest it.

KMilliron

Linh said:
That is beautiful! You are quite artistic :)
Thanks. :D I design tattoos for friends all the time but I've never actually gotten one. I'd never be able to choose just one though.

nisaba said:
I would never have a Tarot tattoo. Reason being, if I were going to "brand myself", I'd want it to be an image that other people would immediately recognise and identify correctly as Tarot, ie, a RW image. But I'm not all that much of a RW girl and I'd probably actually want a Granny Jones image (maybe Temperance). But nobody but me would know what it was - it would just be bodily graffiti to most people.

But if I were a lawyer, or a judge, I'd hang a huge replica of the RW "Justice" in my office and/or courtroom in an instant without a qualm or a quibble. Any hey, I have relatives and relatives-not-quite-in-law who are in the legal profession. Nah, I don't think I'll suggest it.
I'm more of a symbolic and question starting type. Or something thought provoking. My friend asked for a design based off of some song lyrics and I incorporated the lyrics into the wings of one of the figures. I think that might be interesting to incorporate into tarot.
Or maybe doing a celtic knot based off of the celtic cross and putting the initials of the cards I draw. Something like that would be sweet.

Frayling0

@KMilliron: That's wonderful - I love how you've styled it.

I'm not really into the idea of tattoo's... permanent ink on my body - visible when I'm 80 years old? No thanks. But if I ever changed my mind, I would love (strangely) The Tower on my bicep... I just love the whole symbolism of the Tower, collapse, calamity... Yes, I'm pretty morbid lol! I would love the Ace of Pentacles on my back too...

KMilliron

Frayling0 said:
@KMilliron: That's wonderful - I love how you've styled it.

I'm not really into the idea of tattoo's... permanent ink on my body - visible when I'm 80 years old? No thanks. But if I ever changed my mind, I would love (strangely) The Tower on my bicep... I just love the whole symbolism of the Tower, collapse, calamity... Yes, I'm pretty morbid lol! I would love the Ace of Pentacles on my back too...
I just draw them with pen, doubt I'll ever get them. Only tattoos I want would be eyeliner, and only piercings I want woujld be ear gauges, but that's a long-ish story.

Busy today and tomorrow but I may get around to desigining more. Prolly post them if I do.