Deck of the week group - Week 4 - 27th Aug - 3rd September

NikkiB

Hi there

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks - each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone welcome please do join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. chat away about your deck, how your finding it etc

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=162344

4. Please feel free to join us in an informal exchange circle for members only:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2854144#post2854144

participant and deck list:

1: Desertrat - Eclectic Tarot
2: AJ - Celtic book of the dead
3: Jackdaw - LS Visconti Tarot
4: VGimlet - Hawaiian Tarot
5: Elendil - Sun and moon Tarot
6: Manda - Twilight Realm - A tarot of faery
7: Jema - Shadowscapes
8: NikkiB - Victorian Romantic
9: Tarot Fairy - Gilded Tarot
10: Essjay - Shadowscapes and oracle of the shapeshifters
11: Kabang - Shadowscapes
12: Asbestos Mango - Archeon
13: Hopena - shadowscapes
14: Treeleafe - Legacy of the Divine for my tarot and the Angels of Atlantis / Postmark Lenormand.
15: Kissatarot

desertrat

Eclectic Tarot for me this week.

AJ

I don't start until Sunday but I've had my arm twisted to use the Carolyn Myss Archetype Cards. This should be interesting :)

jackdaw*

I'll be back tomorrow with the LS Visconti Tarots.

VGimlet

HazelMoon's Hawaiian Tarot for me.

Kind of 'meh' about this deck, so we'll see...:p

Elendil

Vanessa Decort's Sun and Moon Tarot this week.

Elendil

...I've had my arm twisted to use the Carolyn Myss Archetype Cards. This should be interesting :)

This is GREAT AJ. I will be reading your blog to find out if you can get something out of these cards. I am wondering how they differ from Chuck Spezzano's deck of Archetypes and Shadows.

Manda

I switch on Sunday too, and this week shall be Twilight Realm: A Tarot of Faery.

It has lots of really great cards and some meh cards so I hope it's a week full of evocative ones.

Tarot Fairy

I'll work with the Gilded Tarot this week!

jackdaw*

Started this morning with the Visconti Tarots. I've had no luck at all in the past using this deck, and I believe it's because of the pips. I can read with TdM pips now, but the Visconti pips are merely decorative, there is no variation or real symbolism that I can find in them, like I do (now!) in TdM pips.

So I've decided this week to work with just the trumps, the four Aces and the Queen of Coins this week, for "bigger picture" readings. The Aces will represent the general areas that their suits represent (work, creativity and energy for the Wands, emotions and relationships for the Cups, troubles, strife and mental processes for the Swords, and financial and material matters for the Coins). The Queen of Coins, as my significator, I will take as turning the question back to me, in a manner of speaking.

Hopefully readings with this pared down deck will help me give the Visconti a fair shake. I love the history, and the shiny gold blinginess, but I just don't get on with its pips!