Do you prefer to read....

greatdane

inside or outside and why? Do you prefer it really quiet or don't you care? Does it give you energy to read with a bunch of people around, like at a fair?

I think inside for me unless it would be in a very private area outside, like a backyard, and even then only if it's very quiet with no distractions.

ATers?

Soaring Eagle

Right now I'm doing my readings inside, as it is fairly cold in the mornings and late afternoons. In the summer I do my readings in my back yard, I have a lot of privacy there and I'm more "in-tune" to the cards with nature sounds.

I also prefer that it's just the sitter and I, as here in Mexico they consider reading the tarot cards to be a "witch" thing, and I don't want/need problems with my neighbors.

nami

I prefer inside and quiet myself. While I do enjoy being outside in nature...the elements can often make reading difficult. (Why hello random gust of wind!) I get migraines pretty regularly, and noise is a big trigger for me. So it's not so much it being distracting or anything, but I'd rather avoid loud noises if possible. Inside, I might have more ability to adjusting the lighting in an area too, which is another trigger for me.

weathergirl320

def inside. dont know why but i feel way more comfortable inside .

VGimlet

inside or outside and why? Do you prefer it really quiet or don't you care? Does it give you energy to read with a bunch of people around, like at a fair?

I think inside for me unless it would be in a very private area outside, like a backyard, and even then only if it's very quiet with no distractions.

ATers?

Either inside or outside. I did a whole party on a covered back patio, and it was perfect. It was a little chilly, but I had a nice warm coat on. As long as it's not rainy or windy, outside is good for me.

I don't care if it's quite or not, but my client needs to be able to hear me. I often blast music if I am reading for myself.

As an introvert, reading with a lot of people around sucks my energy dry a little faster, but doesn't bother me until I'm finished. But then I am FINISHED, and need at least a day after to recouperate.

digi162

I prefer to read inside. I do both, like when I'm on campus I'll do readings outside by the fountain promenade area, but not anywhere else outside. The wind is just a constant problem, and it's hard to find a clean area to work on. Inside can be problematic as well, especially in public scenarios where you might not feel comfortable doing a reading.

DownUnderNZer

Doesnt matter for me whether inside or outside...as long as its PRIVATE...and I would not want to do it sitting next to a railway track or runway of an airport. A bit of noise is okay...
And..I have to have bare feet if I can and nothing on my wrists or fingers. Dont know why...but I just like to feel as free as possible and not restricted by anything.

However, I only ever read for my family and select friends, outside of forums. Now and then I will do random strangers if I get a vibe...but very very rare.

Ivy Rhiannon

I prefer quiet areas, and I like private readings too. I am not reading for a crowd but a sitter. As for inside/outside, I would have to say inside. Outside the elements can mess with you, although if its perfectly good weather I don't see why not :D

Alta

Up until the last couple of years I would have said inside. But I have now spent a reasonable amount of time reading outside on pub patios that I'll now say that either is fine. When I am at home I read in the house, but mainly because I don't have a proper outside table to use, just chairs out back. I don't think I would buy (& winter store) a proper table just for this activity.

As for noise, again I am getting used to the pub scene but really loud noise still bothers me. At home the place is usually quiet, I generally don't even play music. That is whether I am reading or not.

Luminary

If it's possible I like to read outside on grass. My ideal arena would be inside a gazeebo with cushionson the grass and a Chimnea, that's the dream.

Sadly it's quite windy where I am so outside doesn't happen very often so it's mostly inside on the table. X