Do you prefer to read....

astronautica

Most of the time I read inside out of habit - I live in an apartment and don't have a peaceful outside space... but lately I've been trying to extend myself beyond my reading habits and took my cards on my parents' boat on the weekend. Definitely something I'd try again! Being surrounded by water gave such a peaceful, isolated feeling :)

Morwenna

Almost all my readings for others took place outdoors, at renfaires, but at least under a tent roof. The wind was often a problem which led to me weighting down the cards with things like my finger-stone collection, beanbag critters, and so on. And it's not exactly quiet at renfairs, even small non-commercial ones, but I learned to tune it all out. I could pretty well tune out my fellow readers too; one memorable year there were 8 of us all grouped together, using a total of 6 different soothsaying methods. And just about every sitter had a kibitzer or two. :)

At home, for myself, I stay indoors, sitting at a table or desk or flopping on the bed. Comfort and all that. :) The only real distraction is when one of the cats decides to walk through the spread. :/