Tarot for fundraising?

Blessed_Rose

I was wondering if anyone has done email tarot readings for as a fundraiser? My sister does a yearly fundraiser for March of Dimes (she lost her son at the age of 2 1/2 months...he was 9 weeks early and had a lot of complications.) MoD was there for her during that time and she was invited to DC earlier this year as an ambassador. Anyway, in March they have a walk and she's collecting money for donations next year. I was wondering if I could set up a blog/website w/ papal button and have the money (after PP fees) to go directly to her team. I've never done this before, so I'm also looking for advice. Would you have set amounts for donations and then an option for "any amount"? I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you!

caridwen

I was wondering if anyone has done email tarot readings for as a fundraiser? My sister does a yearly fundraiser for March of Dimes (she lost her son at the age of 2 1/2 months...he was 9 weeks early and had a lot of complications.) MoD was there for her during that time and she was invited to DC earlier this year as an ambassador. Anyway, in March they have a walk and she's collecting money for donations next year. I was wondering if I could set up a blog/website w/ papal button and have the money (after PP fees) to go directly to her team. I've never done this before, so I'm also looking for advice. Would you have set amounts for donations and then an option for "any amount"? I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you!

I am sorry to hear about your nephew. My condolences to you and your family for your loss.

I used Tarot to raise money for a charity recently. I did not do it online but set up a stall at a disco fundraiser. I charged a £1 a card but it wasn't enough, should have charged more really as I did a lot of readings for very little money:rolleyes:

I am not sure how I would do this online. Does your sister have a registered charity? If they have their own website can you have a direct link from their page so you don't look bogus. In the UK we have something called Gift Aid which gives the Charity tax back on the money donated - is there anything similar there? Charities don't usually pay tax but again I suppose that's country dependent so may be worth looking into.

I would definitely charge a set amount and ask for donations on top of that because you might get scammed by people looking for free readings. You may actually find it easier to raise money at a fundraising event rather than online to begin with then you can direct people to your website at the function and they may come back to you.

Good luck:)

Blessed_Rose

I am sorry to hear about your nephew. My condolences to you and your family for your loss.

I used Tarot to raise money for a charity recently. I did not do it online but set up a stall at a disco fundraiser. I charged a £1 a card but it wasn't enough, should have charged more really as I did a lot of readings for very little money:rolleyes:

I am not sure how I would do this online. Does your sister have a registered charity? If they have their own website can you have a direct link from their page so you don't look bogus. In the UK we have something called Gift Aid which gives the Charity tax back on the money donated - is there anything similar there? Charities don't usually pay tax but again I suppose that's country dependent so may be worth looking into.

I would definitely charge a set amount and ask for donations on top of that because you might get scammed by people looking for free readings. You may actually find it easier to raise money at a fundraising event rather than online to begin with then you can direct people to your website at the function and they may come back to you.

Good luck:)

I was thinking online, because she's in Florida and I'm in Washington. And MoD provides her with a website, so I was just going to link to that site w/ her blog & FB page. MoD doesn't allow her to set up another "donation" link. So it has to be separate.

ETA- Thanks for the condolances. She's now 8 weeks pregnant. :)

sapienza

I definitely like the idea of reading for charity. I have done this face to face before but not on-line. My friend had a fundraising morning tea for the Cancer Council and I charged a certain amount for a 10 minute reading and donated it all to her.

On-line is a bit more tricky because you need to somehow convince people that the money is actually going to charity. Of course it is, but people are sometimes uncertain about where there money is going on-line. I think a link to the web-site is a good start. And I agree, I'd go with a set price and then have the option to donate more.

The other option is you could ask people to donate a set amount to the charity then e-mail you a copy of their receipt and then you do the reading for them. That way they know their money is definitely going to the charity. Just an idea.

Good luck with however you do it. I think it's great that you are using your skills to help others in this way.

caridwen

I was thinking online, because she's in Florida and I'm in Washington. And MoD provides her with a website, so I was just going to link to that site w/ her blog & FB page. MoD doesn't allow her to set up another "donation" link. So it has to be separate.

Yes I think linking to her blog/facebook page and her MoD (Ministry of Defence??) website would be a great help. If she has a charity registration number that would help as well. It may also help to have a quote from her as an endorsement.

How much money you raise will of course depend on how much traffic goes to her site. Have you thought about ebay? You can have readings at set costs and I don't think they charge charities. Don't forget to look into tax rebates for charities.

You can also organise your own fundraiser. You can hire a hall, charge on the door and for stalls with all proceeds going to your sisters' cause.:)

Blessed_Rose

Yes I think linking to her blog/facebook page and her MoD (Ministry of Defence??) website would be a great help. If she has a charity registration number that would help as well. It may also help to have a quote from her as an endorsement.

How much money you raise will of course depend on how much traffic goes to her site. Have you thought about ebay? You can have readings at set costs and I don't think they charge charities. Don't forget to look into tax rebates for charities.

You can also organise your own fundraiser. You can hire a hall, charge on the door and for stalls with all proceeds going to your sisters' cause.:)

MoD= March of Dimes. It's an organization that promotes healthy pregnancies and offers assistance to women with premature babies. March of Dimes gives money for reseach and helps promote healthy pregnancy for women. Their newest campain is 39 weeks. Basically to educate women to stay pregnant until the 39th week instead of inducing labor at 36-38 weeks because they're "tired of being pregnant."

Renting a hall costs money. Driving to the hall and then finding a babysitter at $12 an hour will eat up any money raised and then some. It's just easier to do it online.

I do like the idea of them sending me a a copy of the receipt that they donated to her MoD page and the I do a reading for them.

Thanks!!