negative reading on a relationship

Selene87

I'm not sure if this topic has been covered before, but I could use some quick advice. I did a reading for someone. The focus was supposed to be on her relationship with her partner and how to strengthen it . . . but that's not really what I got. I got a pretty overwhelming negative message. Now I don't know what to do. I don't want to tell her that the relationship looks over to me, because what if I'm wrong? I don't want to lie either. Then I noticed that I had gotten her first name correct but her last name wrong in my notebook, and now I'm wondering if that could actually screw up the reading even though she was intended in my mind. Thoughts? I'm a day late in sending her the reading, but I just don't know what to say!

Milfoil

If she is asking how to strengthen a relationship it sounds as though there are problems already. If this were my client I would photograph the spread/cards and go through each one with the positions and associations so that she can see why you are seeing or interpreting the spread the way you are.

Gentle honesty?

Selene87

She led me to believe that they merely needed a rekindling--having lost the spark but nothing too serious, but it's looking more like there are some deeper betrayals according to the cards. I'm not sure how to spin that gently, but I'll give it a shot.

Yineth

Hey Selene,

Sorry if the post has some spelling errors and such. I'm using my phone to answer your question.

In my opinion, the reading you received may hold an overall negative context, but it can also be read on what problems the couple is facing. The message you are reading un the cards can be saying these are the weak areas needing attention or strengthening.

While it'll be difficult to tell your reader what you have read, it can also be beneficial for you and the reader to sit down together and go over the cards.

As for names, I think it matters more on how you were focusing your energy towards the reading. Last name flubs can be annoying, but as long as you knew who you were reading for it ahould be fine.

Don't be afraid to get a wrong reading. It's better to learn from you mistakes.

Milfoil

Bizarrely enough a difficult/negative reading could be just the shot across the bow that she needs to make some changes in the relationship to help it?

Selene87

Thanks guys. I sent off as gentle a version as I could think up. I'll let you know how things go. lol I guess I never thought about how I might be put into that kind of an awkward situation when I offered to do readings. I will know better next time . . . and probably think twice about doing relationship readings from now on. Eesh! This was supposed to be a fun project!

Selene87

Well my reading was accurate, kind of a bittersweet thing. But thankfully she was aware of everything that the cards said anyway and responded very well. Thanks for everyone who helped me gather my courage to be honest.

Milfoil

Well my reading was accurate, kind of a bittersweet thing. But thankfully she was aware of everything that the cards said anyway and responded very well. Thanks for everyone who helped me gather my courage to be honest.

Good for you for finding a way through this. Although I am always sorry to hear about relationships going wrong, honesty is by far the best policy both for them and for you.

I remember a similar situation where I was asked to read about the outcome of a tribunal. The cards showed a positive outcome but a delay or problem with the money/award. I passed this on as faithfully as I knew how and over the next 14 months it played out exactly as the cards had shown. He won the case and was awarded nearly £24'000 but this was contested and an appeal put forward. The case dragged on, barristers were involved and finally, out of the £24k awarded, only £12 was finally decided upon, £10k+ of which had been spent on legal services! So he won, was out of work for 18 months and unable to get a job while the disciplinary tribunal went on, came out with £1000 for his trouble and nearly lost his house. Sugar coating that would not have changed it and would have done a disservice to the tarot reading.

Glass Owl

I'm not sure if this topic has been covered before, but I could use some quick advice. I did a reading for someone. The focus was supposed to be on her relationship with her partner and how to strengthen it . . . but that's not really what I got!
And that for me, is one of the reasons why I love Tarot. It delivered the message that she needed to hear.

starrystarrynight

It sounds like you handled it well--with gentle, but honest, sensitivity.

You may want to remember that more often than not when a seeker comes to a reader for relationship advice, it is because there is something amiss in the union. If things are going splendidly, most people won't need to seek advice from the cards for affirmation. A lot of times, a seeker will sugarcoat what she intuits is a problem, hoping the reader will tell her it's all in her mind and everything is okay after all.

And as the others have said, sometimes just hearing from a reader about what may be wrong is enough for a seeker to begin to find her solutions to the problem(s)...which is often the whole point of getting a reading.

Well done.