anyone else have this problem? advice please

olivia1

anyone else have this problem?

i have a deck that is so easy for me to read and the cards just come to life (universal waite) but sometimes, the cards I pull from it are too dark. That means that the messages I get turn out to be more foreboding or negative than things actually turn out to be.

Then I have the Morgan Greer. It is usually really spot on and the cards I pull from it tend to be accurate..except I find the pictures to be really uninspiring and hard to understand. The images do not really speak to me and I find myself relying mainly on traditional meanings when I use that deck. However, when I am able to figure out what the cards are trying to say, I get really good reads from it.

So these days, I find myself reading with 2 decks. I start off asking the Morgan Greer a question and then I ask the Universal Waite the same question for conformation. Usually this works really well, because it helps me understand what the Morgan Greer is trying to say ( since they both tend to agree on most messages, anyway, just different cards show up). However, when they do not agree, the morgan greer tends to be correct (though very occasionally, the Universal Waite has its moments too).

Though the above method usually works for me, I find it too time consuming and a hassle. I dont want to work with 2 decks at once. I have tried leaving the Universal Waite in moonlight, with crystals at night. I keep it in a wooden box, too. I dont know why I get the kind of readings I do with it.

Would you just suggest, I abandon both decks and look for another? I own the Hanson Roberts. I think its a cute deck. Its so small so Im not wild about using it but perhaps it is the happy medium that I am looking for?

tarotbear

Overkill?

I suggest you find whichever deck 'works' for you and stick with that deck. Taking out 6 decks and asking them all the same question to compare answers seems like a silly waste of time (and talent) to me. Using one deck to analyse what another deck is saying also strikes me as an odd practice - I can see if you get a single reading that makes no sense at all and you'd like a second opinion, but doing so for every question you are reading for is adding too many details to be analyzed and discarded.

Why use 25 cards to get an answer when 4 will work just as well?

velvetina

mmm, is it like asking 2 friends who care about you to give advice? they both have your best interests at heart, both mean well, but ..sometimes you could just get a short simple answer? I would keep asking both, but limit the number of cards drawn and have fewer consultations?

Until you find your intuition is overriding the images more often than not ....my decks bring different elements to the table, which is why, when I read professionally, I favoured the Madonni or a Marseille -

olivia1

I suggest you find whichever deck 'works' for you and stick with that deck. Taking out 6 decks and asking them all the same question to compare answers seems like a silly waste of time (and talent) to me. Using one deck to analyse what another deck is saying also strikes me as an odd practice - I can see if you get a single reading that makes no sense at all and you'd like a second opinion, but doing so for every question you are reading for is adding too many details to be analyzed and discarded.

Why use 25 cards to get an answer when 4 will work just as well?

I ask 2 decks because I dont know if I could trust the Universal waite completely where as the Morgan Greer, I can trust but the pictures dont speak to me..so every reading is a struggle for me because most of the time, I cant figure out completely what its trying to say beyond the traditional meanings.

tarotbear

Tarot reading is purely objective, so why do you feel you do not 'trust' the Rider-Waite? (or - what do you mean that you don't know if you can 'trust' the Rider-Waite?) IMHO, if the Greer does not work for you ... find something else.

olivia1

Tarot reading is purely objective, so why do you feel you do not 'trust' the Rider-Waite? (or - what do you mean that you don't know if you can 'trust' the Rider-Waite?) IMHO, if the Greer does not work for you ... find something else.

I write down almost every question I read on and the cards pulled. I can think of 2 instances within the last week when the Universal Waite predicted the opposite of what actually turned out happening. The Morgan Greer has been right on but, like I said numerous times in earlier posts, the readings I get from it are hard to figure out because the pictures dont really resonate with me. I dont hate the pictures. I just find them hard to understand.

however, I think I have figured out what I should do. Thanks. Thus far, my Hanson Roberts seem like it may be the happy medium between the two, but only time will tell. Or maybe I will just stick with the Universal Waite because it is my favorite deck (despite it being too negative at times).

Edit: Hanson Roberts was the happy medium that I was looking for; it is accurate and has great pictures :heart:

lilangel09

I don't think the problem is with the deck, but maybe there are things about the universal waite that irk you or you're going through a rough period. I'd give the Universal Waite another chance (if you really like it).

What I'm starting to see happening is you're starting to question yourself, and usually when that happens, readings get really wonky.

Some times hard to understand decks get good readings at the beginning because there's less conscious stuff (stuff you know about the deck or meanings) influencing the reading, but once you understand the deck, the readings start having trouble, and you're back to where you were with your old, understood deck.

So, I advice giving the Universal Waite another chance.