What reading style is most appealing to you?

Scibility

It's so interesting looking through the threads and learning from some of the really seasoned members. Everyone has a completely different reading style. You could read ten interpretations of the same set of cards and the style of delivery can be so vast.

Just wondering, what style appeals to you most?
1) Do you like a quick splash and dash, just the facts, so you can sort it through on your own?

2)Do you like a very sensual delivery that speaks of energy, earth or chakra influences and those kinds of connections?

3) Do you like a spiritual style that connects things back to some kind of general belief system or tenet?

4) Do you like a thought provoking, Jungian style?

The list goes on. Inquiring minds would love to know.

I enjoy all of them. Each one adds a completely different element. I admire the really right brain styles that some creative souls have. It always leaves a feeling of wow how did they get that! They seem completely unique or other worldy or something.

But maybe there's a particular style that is best received? I know personality plays a huge part, but what are your thoughts?

nisaba

Mine combines an earthy, mundane, almost crass style with 2, 3 and 4. It seems popular, and gets the message across.

BelovedK

I am more 2 and 3, and love that style when getting readings for myself, but with a smattering of 1.

gregory

It depends VERY much on the issue being read.

But not 2 or 3, on the whole.

caridwen

It's so interesting looking through the threads and learning from some of the really seasoned members. Everyone has a completely different reading style. You could read ten interpretations of the same set of cards and the style of delivery can be so vast.

1) Do you like a quick splash and dash, just the facts, so you can sort it through on your own?

2)Do you like a very sensual delivery that speaks of energy, earth or chakra influences and those kinds of connections?

3) Do you like a spiritual style that connects things back to some kind of general belief system or tenet?

I enjoy all of them. Each one adds a completely different element. I admire the really right brain styles that some creative souls have. It always leaves a feeling of wow how did they get that! They seem completely unique or other worldy or something.

But maybe there's a particular style that is best received? I know personality plays a huge part, but what are your thoughts?

The style I like best is honest, accurate, thought provoking and helpful.

The style I like the least is book meanings that I cant' relate to or could have done for myself.

Practicing Human

Do you mean what style we use when we read or what style we like when we receive a reading?

AJ

If the reading is really wordy with lots of card descriptors I usually fall asleep in my keyboard :)

My two favorite readers here (in style) are Willowfox and StarryStarryNight. Quite different...so obviously I'm open to whatever I get! As long as it isn't too long.

gregory

Do you mean what style we use when we read or what style we like when we receive a reading?

In terms of the way it was phrased. I was assuming receiving.

Especially
Do you like a quick splash and dash, just the facts, so you can sort it through on your own...

pasara

I like very down-to-earth readings. Usually when people come for readings they have let their imagination and over-analysis of issues keep them from knowing which end is up. I do not need to add to that as a reader, and don't need more of it as a querent. I want information that is meaningful to me in the here and now to take the next step, while giving me insight into conscious and unconscious motivations at play.

I feel chakras, kabbalistic or astrological references, or whatever, can deeper the understanding of a reader, but does not really belong in the actual explanation of the reading unless one is sure that the concepts have meaning to the querent (and that it is the same as yours.)

Zephyros

I'm a storyteller :)

I tell people what I see, delve into why I see what I see, how this could relate to them. Sometimes I go into mythology, connecting what is happening with a story, with the symbols, with everything, really. I think Tarot is remnant of the art of storytelling, and a good reading comes alive the more you put into it. I don't like just giving people the facts in a kind of clinical coldness, I think a reading should be entertaining as well as meaningful!

I know, this sounds dull, but I don't think it is, and I in any case test the waters beforehand. Each crowd is different, I try to adapt myself to each persons who sits for me.