What reading style is most appealing to you?

DaisyDragonfly

It depends whether I'm reading for myself (which usually means I'm writing it all down) or reading for others (an oral reading.)

I'm far more descriptive/wordy when writing to myself. But then I'm normally sorting through my own stuff, aiming for objectivity, and describing what I see is a way of doing that. (See my daily draw for an example! It's wordy all right, but it needs to be that way if I'm going to separate myself from the cards. It needs to be what they're saying, not what I want them to say).

On the rare occasions I read for others? There's discussion with them, a dialogue. But I try and tie it up with something snappy and easy to remember for them to take away. On stunning occasion with the Maat, I didn't even have to say anything: the pictures told her the story. We laughed a bit, over that.

Mind you, I don't pretend to be professional. Or even good at it...:)

Jewel

It really depends on the querent. I read mainly for close friends or on a very rare occassion a friend of one of my friends, but in any case I first try to discern something about the communication style of the querent and deliver the reading from that basis combined with their familiarity (or lack of) with Tarot. My approach is always one of providing information from which the querent can determine what action(s) he/she may want to take to positively affect the issue. I usually go into detail one card at a time, and close with a summary of the reading pointing to the interrelationships between the cards (this influences that because of this). My style is one focused on empowering the querent with information they can utlize to view situations in new ways they might not have.