The cards' "spirit"

Tsume

I have found that each deck I lay my hands on has it's own aura and personality. I've found that this "personality" actually affects the reading given by the deck. Anyone that has there own findings may post them here I love to hear different view points.

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic, Tsume!

Yes, some decks are no holds barred in giving their messages, while others can be downright coy about the messages they give. And the interesting thing is that a deck that can be very blunt for one reader can be just the opposite for a different reader.

Rodney

Tsume

Thank you

I was kind of wary about posting considering that it may be common knowledge and I'd look stupid. I'm still sorting through this site and I'm not sure exactly what what. Most of what I've found was through private study

Grizabella

Different decks have different themes (art style, subject matter, etc.) but they're reflections of the reader's personality. They don't have personalities of their own. They're ink on paper and those don't have personalities, they're substances. The art work, colors, subject matter, etc. bring out different responses in one reader than they may in another but those are human responses, not card personality.

Asbestos Mango

Griz, would you then kindly explain to my why my Pocket RWS gives great readings when I'm away from home either reading for friends or myself, but absolutely refuses to give me a reading that has anything to do with the question asked when I try to read with it at home?

I try to tell myself they're paper and ink, but my different decks do seem to have personalities of their own.

Tsume

My reasoning

Anything you putt that much focus into is bound to gather some sort of aura about it. It may sound creepy but it's like pouring your life force into them.

Bhavana

Anything you putt that much focus into is bound to gather some sort of aura about it. It may sound creepy but it's like pouring your life force into them.

exactly - but that force you feel is there is still from your own mind...so the reader/deck owner is the one with the force, not the cards - because if a total stranger picked up your deck, do you think it would feel and read the same for them as it does for you?

I'm with Grizabella on this one. Paper and ink.

Tsume

exactly - but that force you feel is there is still from your own mind...so the reader/deck owner is the one with the force, not the cards - because if a total stranger picked up your deck, do you think it would feel and read the same for them as it does for you.

Actually yes I've held other peoples decks and gotten totally different read outs from each deck. That was what prompted me to post this.

porcupines

There are certain cards which have always stood out for me, because of the imagery and how I connect it with my life. For example the 4 of Wands, and the King of Swords. But I am sure its a personal connection and not universal, it would be very different for others.

Tsume

Well yes if you think of the cards as people it would be like the difference between best friends and complete stranges and the deck would act accordingly