A series of serious self readings right or wrong?

Stark Raven

I am not sure what's happening here. I am going through a serious time in my personal life. I have no one else to read for so I do a fair amount of self readings.

During this hard time is the only time where my self readings are apparently giving me some false answers. I don't claim that I am always right when reading for myself, that I am not. However, in the past when misreading a personal spread, the inconsistency seemed to show up at some point. These apparent readings are very consistent (in their inconsistency). That said, it could alternatively be that someone is lying to me about their feelings, and that this makes it seem that the readings are consistently wrong. This not out of the realm of possibility either.

So please tell me, is it common for your self readings to yield false answers that are showing the same no matter how you ask or cross check them? Does anyone else ever see this happening?

I am flabbergasted as the things it's telling me and just don't understand. But of course I am realistic and part of this query is to figure out if I am being lied to.

Opinions please...

Penthasilia

I find that I get a lot of "Go bugger yourself" readings when I am very conflicted about what to do. I think that it truly comes from the fact that I am not centered when shuffling- I either have a subconscious thought of how things should be, or what decision I should make- and therefore am unable to see the message no matter how clear.

It is in times like this that it is helpful to have someone read for you- on objective party who won't taint the reading with pre-conceived notions.

Don't know if that helps or not- but I definitely know where you are coming from on this one!

:heart:

Stark Raven

I find that I get a lot of "Go bugger yourself" readings when I am very conflicted about what to do. I think that it truly comes from the fact that I am not centered when shuffling- I either have a subconscious thought of how things should be, or what decision I should make- and therefore am unable to see the message no matter how clear.

It is in times like this that it is helpful to have someone read for you- on objective party who won't taint the reading with pre-conceived notions.

Don't know if that helps or not- but I definitely know where you are coming from on this one!

:heart:

I appreciate your thoughts Penthasilia. I am certainly not as centered as usual. I find this strange though, that the cards are in essence consistently telling me that my H is planning a divorce, and that it will be a shock when presented to me, and that his family hate me etc, etc. That said, we are having problems and I am putting money aside so that when that time comes, I can do as need be.

If my H is planning and/orscheming, it makes things complicated for me. That also said, this is a topic that no consistent answers have been found. I had one person read on it, it was awful. I had one more read on it to cross check, to confirm or deny; nothing was wrong according to that one. I can't get it right with this and have no idea what's happpening.

Padma

Ayces, I can see this both from Penthasilia's take, and your own. I have had readings mostly go wrong or be false mostly when I am frightened or tense about a situation's outcome...so if I am overwrought, it seems to make the cards follow suite. They always seem to reflect one's mood...and "go bugger yourself" lol! Yes, they certainly do say that sometimes! Approaching the cards with a very objective viewpoint does help loads when self-reading. I try to pretend I am reading someone else's cards when it comes to interpretation.

However, at one point, when I was involved in a budding relationship, they seemed to steer me so far off course that I really questioned what was going on. It seemed the person in question was certainly very attracted to me, but for a few reasons would not make the connection they so obviously wanted to make. Oi! I was getting SO many mixed messages - from him, from my gut, from the cards. And it wasn't a situation where I could easily get to the truth.

I finally got a professional reading done by a very practical person and got to the bottom of it - and it made all kinds of sense. And, what she said did happen. It also made me realise why me - and my readings - were so messed. My gut didn't lie - or the cards - the guy just wouldn't enter the door he had opened between us....

Hope this helps, somewhat...

Padma

I appreciate your thoughts Penthasilia. I am certainly not as centered as usual. I find this strange thought that the cards are in essence consistently telling me that my H is planning a divorce, and that it will be a shock when presented to me, and that his family hate me etc, etc. That said, we are having problems and I am putting money aside so that when that time comes, I can do as need be.

If my H is plannind and/orscheming, it makes things complicated for me. That also said, this is a topic that no consistent answers have been found. I had one person read on it, it was awful. I had one more read on it to cross check, to confirm or deny, nothing was wrong. I can't get it right with this and have no idea what's happpening.

Funny, I keep getting readings that indicate a divorce too, but I cannot see it happening! ;p well, if we both get broadsided, we can commiserate together! lol! You are not alone, Ayces.

Stark Raven

Funny, I keep getting readings that indicate a divorce too, but I cannot see it happening! ;p well, if we both get broadsided, we can commiserate together! lol! You are not alone, Ayces.

Thank you for the totallity of your input. I can see what you say happening about having an outsider read for you.

After the readings I had the feeling that despite the depth of gravity we are dealing with now, that the thoughts he is apparently having are just that. Sometimes things look much worse in the cards. Sometimes though, they do not.

I hope things work out for you Lotus Padma! In one way or another they will for me too. I am working on it...

Stark Raven

PS - OH! I forgot to add that I had one excellent reading given to me by a dear friend, that was the one I felt was true. I disregarded it for this thread as it didn't apply as it seemed correct.

Her reading was great. I wanted to say that in case she sees this thread... with her reading I did find a balanced answer, which in fact was all that I had been seeking. It was different than the other two in that it didn't refer to feelings. So I can't use it to answer this perplexing problem. Thank you for the most wonderful reading, you know who you are!

Winterchild

It is difficult when you are deep in a heavy situation. I had this over 20 years ago.... before my long tarot hiatus (marriage kids etc got in the way.... I should not have let that happen!)... anyway I would write down my readings at the time, and I found some many years later... all the stuff I thought at the time *Oh yeah..... sure..* had actually happened to me! And very soon after the reading. We never know what is around the corner.

Also timing can be vague unless you put a specific time period as part of your question, I read something about this a while back but cannot remember where. It was interesting reading though.

If a reading confuses you, I would always look to the positive aspect....

I hope all goes well!

W

Padma

Sometimes things look much worse in the cards. Sometimes though, they do not.

I hope things work out for you Lotus Padma! In one way or another they will for me too. I am working on it...

I agree - the cards sometimes "overact" ;p like a bad actor emoting all over the stage...I sometimes find they can look very severe, for what ends up being a trivial matter, in the end.

Ayces, what I believe is that what happens to us in this life is for our greater good...and often, when things seemingly DO go wrong, they turn out very, very right in the end, in ways we never could have dreamed possible. :)

In any case, I am rooting for you, and thanks for your good wishes! :D I hope things work out wonderfully for you, too ;)

Stark Raven

It is difficult when you are deep in a heavy situation. I had this over 20 years ago.... before my long tarot hiatus (marriage kids etc got in the way.... I should not have let that happen!)... anyway I would write down my readings at the time, and I found some many years later... all the stuff I thought at the time *Oh yeah..... sure..* had actually happened to me! And very soon after the reading. We never know what is around the corner.

Also timing can be vague unless you put a specific time period as part of your question, I read something about this a while back but cannot remember where. It was interesting reading though.

If a reading confuses you, I would always look to the positive aspect....

I hope all goes well!

W

I wish I had thought tok request that the readings on this topic fell within a specific time frame. What a great suggestion!

As for looking back on past readings, I recently stopped recording them. That is something to think about... what I am possibly missing out on. Thanks so much for your opinion.

And I suppose if one seeks they can find a positive answer anywhere. Good point!

Thank you for the well-wishes too.