A series of serious self readings right or wrong?

Stark Raven

I agree - the cards sometimes "overact" ;p like a bad actor emoting all over the stage...I sometimes find they can look very severe, for what ends up being a trivial matter, in the end.

I totally agree!

Ayces, what I believe is that what happens to us in this life is for our greater good...and often, when things seemingly DO go wrong, they turn out very, very right in the end, in ways we never could have dreamed possible. :)

In any case, I am rooting for you, and thanks for your good wishes! :D I hope things work out wonderfully for you, too ;)

Thank you so much, your supportive attitude means a lot to me.

And you are welcome!

nisaba

So please tell me, is it common for your self readings to yield false answers that are showing the same no matter how you ask or cross check them? Does anyone else ever see this happening?

I find that self-readings are problematic for the same reason reading for friends is problematic: you know too much of the back-story. When your client is a total stranger, all you have to go on is the cards and your intuition, but when you know the back-story, your conscious thinking drowns out the quieter intuitive thoughts, as you try to relate the images to what you know of yourself (or your friend)'s circumstances.

This is a very big problem for a lot of people.

Stark Raven

I find that self-readings are problematic for the same reason reading for friends is problematic: you know too much of the back-story. When your client is a total stranger, all you have to go on is the cards and your intuition, but when you know the back-story, your conscious thinking drowns out the quieter intuitive thoughts, as you try to relate the images to what you know of yourself (or your friend)'s circumstances.

This is a very big problem for a lot of people.

Yes, I believe what you say. This is especially strange to me though as I have not encountered such a situation in the past. That said, this is the most emotionally out of whack I could ever imagine myself becoming. Maybe that's the problem right there. Thanks for your opinion.

carmenca

I am not sure what's happening here. I am going through a serious time in my personal life. I have no one else to read for so I do a fair amount of self readings.

During this hard time is the only time where my self readings are apparently giving me some false answers. I don't claim that I am always right when reading for myself, that I am not. However, in the past when misreading a personal spread, the inconsistency seemed to show up at some point. These apparent readings are very consistent (in their inconsistency). That said, it could alternatively be that someone is lying to me about their feelings, and that this makes it seem that the readings are consistently wrong. This not out of the realm of possibility either.

So please tell me, is it common for your self readings to yield false answers that are showing the same no matter how you ask or cross check them? Does anyone else ever see this happening?

I am flabbergasted as the things it's telling me and just don't understand. But of course I am realistic and part of this query is to figure out if I am being lied to.

Opinions please...

Hey! I just wanted to say I really want to apologize if anything from my reading upset you, or came off harsh. I can be really detached from my emotions sometimes, because of personal reasons. I always have to remind myself that things don't phase me the same way they do others and can sound abrasive if I'm not careful. Anyhow, I was really concerned for you after the reading the other day and was thinking of doing another reading just to be sure. Or maybe it can be rephrased to be more positive or on how to fix the situation. Maybe with the questions we are choosing it is focusing on the negatives or unintentionally dramatizing the situation? Let me know, I can message you a reading and want to, if I can.

and in answer to the topic you posted, well I love reading for myself! I'm one of the most objective people I know (see above lol). I get a little irked when I see or am given readings from friends that want to add their own personal and usually incorrect commentary, based off generalizations and things like that. And usually they misinterpret the cards anyway, so I'm just like no, I'll do it myself! You can never completely trust tarot to be accurate anyway, my reading included...sometimes tarot can make you feel worse and more stressed about certain situations, and just remember that anything you can ask tarot about can also be easily solved in real life too by asking the people involved themselves. And if those people don't want to find a compromise or a way to make things better, or at the very least- hand you the truth, then it's probably best to forget them anyway.

PAMUYA

I am not sure what's happening here. I am going through a serious time in my personal life. I have no one else to read for so I do a fair amount of self readings.

During this hard time is the only time where my self readings are apparently giving me some false answers. I don't claim that I am always right when reading for myself, that I am not. However, in the past when misreading a personal spread, the inconsistency seemed to show up at some point. These apparent readings are very consistent (in their inconsistency). That said, it could alternatively be that someone is lying to me about their feelings, and that this makes it seem that the readings are consistently wrong. This not out of the realm of possibility either.

I am flabbergasted as the things it's telling me and just don't understand. But of course I am realistic and part of this query is to figure out if I am being lied to.

Opinions please...

I was taught at a young age not to read for myself or someone very close to me. You cannot detatch from your emotions. I rarely read for myself and when I do it is confusing. If you are going to read for yourself post them here in Your Readings, you can get some non-bias opinions about the cards. PM me if you post one, I will take a look at it if you wish.

Stark Raven

Hey! I just wanted to say I really want to apologize if anything from my reading upset you, or came off harsh. I can be really detached from my emotions sometimes, because of personal reasons. I always have to remind myself that things don't phase me the same way they do others and can sound abrasive if I'm not careful. Anyhow, I was really concerned for you after the reading the other day and was thinking of doing another reading just to be sure. Or maybe it can be rephrased to be more positive or on how to fix the situation. Maybe with the questions we are choosing it is focusing on the negatives or unintentionally dramatizing the situation? Let me know, I can message you a reading and want to, if I can.

and in answer to the topic you posted, well I love reading for myself! I'm one of the most objective people I know (see above lol). I get a little irked when I see or am given readings from friends that want to add their own personal and usually incorrect commentary, based off generalizations and things like that. And usually they misinterpret the cards anyway, so I'm just like no, I'll do it myself! You can never completely trust tarot to be accurate anyway, my reading included...sometimes tarot can make you feel worse and more stressed about certain situations, and just remember that anything you can ask tarot about can also be easily solved in real life too by asking the people involved themselves. And if those people don't want to find a compromise or a way to make things better, or at the very least- hand you the truth, then it's probably best to forget them anyway.

No, the reading you did didn't upset me. Thanks for the offer of a repeat reading. It wasn't the reading at all. That said, I understand a lot more about what had happened than I did at the time this post was placed. Thanks so much for your kindness!

Stark Raven

I was taught at a young age not to read for myself or someone very close to me. You cannot detatch from your emotions. I rarely read for myself and when I do it is confusing. If you are going to read for yourself post them here in Your Readings, you can get some non-bias opinions about the cards. PM me if you post one, I will take a look at it if you wish.

I greatly value this offer, thanks so much!