I may have turned a corner in my professional life

Carla

I received a cold call from a shopping mall in a nearby city asking me to work a table at their Ladies Shopping and Pamper Day...and I turned it down. I thought about it and decided I did not want to do readings like that. I think my days of thinking I want to read for others for pay are numbered. The fact is...I don't think I actually want to. Strangely, this comes as a relief to me. Online readings, fine. Face to face 'tell my fortune' readings? No, thanks.

Tarotiana

Hi,

how interesting and strange to hear that. Renfaires and corporate events are the center of my work. I do not really like to do personal private readings at home, as usually those private readings are quite heavy, while readings at events are usually lighter. People just want to have fun there, and hear about the strong parts of themselves and where they have grown personally.

And the pay working for a shopping center or a corporation is usually much better then what people pay me doing a private reading.

So I feel event work rocks.

So if I did not live far away from our country, i would be delighted to do the job :)

Carla

I just don't want to read for other people, really, unless they want to put some real work into it.

Tarotiana

I am already content if I can lighten their load in life by just giving them a fun reading, telling them about all the good things and the strong parts they have inside them.

I enjoy it when they are amazed, laugh and feel better about themselves :)

Carla

To be honest, the truth of the matter is, I don't want to read for strangers. At least not right now. Maybe not ever. Now what to do with 1500 business cards, eh? :)

Tarotiana

oh..oh...I see we are different...I like to see different places and different people. I enjoy to see different lifestyles and groups. I enjoy to travel different countries and the tarot taking me there to work, see something and make a living doing so. I guess I would burn 1500 businesscards quite fast ;-)

But yes, we are all different and want to work with the tarot in different ways, and that is perfectly allright :)

Carla

Yes, I really thought I wanted to do what you do, but I don't think it's for me. It's not what I'm called to do. I wonder if I will ever figure out what my calling is. 'Not that many shopping days left until Christmas', as Jack Nicholson said in 'The Evening Star'. (Don't worry if you don't get the reference, I'm always making cryptic movie references...)

Tarotiana

ahhh yes, I am looking for my calling too :) But untill imy calling jumps into my face I will be a tarot and palm reader. And sometimes I am also a little afraid on that path. - But I guess that is normal, so I try new things anyway.

Errrhhh... ;-) maybe you try a shopping mall gig too someday, - in your own timing :)

Carla

Ahh, I'm throwing away my business cards and I've revamped my blog. I feel better already.

danieljuk

Carla I am glad you worked out what you want to do. You don't want read for strangers if you just don't like doing it! some people always read for just themselves or their close friends.

interesting everyone has different people they like to read for and also I think we change, sometimes we want to read for everyone, sometimes want to give tarot a break entirely :)

You might feel like you want to do it in future again or just read online or something like that, don't burn your bridges. see what you feel like in future perhaps! keep your cards. Hope that makes sense but I think your are courageous to turn it down!