This is strange i know

louiseb

But can you do a reading on a person that has passed over. For example if i had a burning question about my grandmother would the cards tell me?

Any advice is greatly appreciated good or bad, its only a question.

Grizabella

I know of many people who have done readings like that. I did one about "what would my late husband say to me if he could?" and got a very surprising and definitely believable answer. I've never done any more about deceased people since then, but I know others do.

louiseb

I know of many people who have done readings like that. I did one about "what would my late husband say to me if he could?" and got a very surprising and definitely believable answer. I've never done any more about deceased people since then, but I know others do.

hey griz thanks for this, my mum wants a reading on what her mother really thought about her and my sister. i just wondered if these reading s could be done on those thts hsve passed over.

celticnoodle

Of course you can do this. I've done it many times. here is a link to some spreads just for this type of thing-

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=31867

there is a very long list of spreads, but if you then scroll down about 1/4 of the way, and find the title "Angels and Spirits Spreads:" you may find something there. Don't limit yourself to just checking out those spreads though-there may be something valuable for just this idea listed somewhere else in there.

also, I am a huge fan of just asking the question and laying out a few cards. Generally I lay out 3 cards only and get my answer that way. You could try that as well.

Chronata

I actually created a deck just to make it easier for me to do this.

So, I would say, yes...it's very possible.

Strange is when you have strangers ask you to do this. I thought it was only slightly successful, as I didn't really know anything about the person who had died...but the clients were very very pleased.

SA12

I have done both organized spreads and 3 card advice draws to talk to my Dad. Hold the departed person's image in your heart while you shuffle and ask them kindly if they wouldn't mind coming around to give you some advice. It works.

louiseb

Of course you can do this. I've done it many times. here is a link to some spreads just for this type of thing-

there is a very long list of spreads, but if you then scroll down about 1/4 of the way, and find the title "Angels and Spirits Spreads:" you may find something there. Don't limit yourself to just checking out those spreads though-there may be something valuable for just this idea listed somewhere else in there.

also, I am a huge fan of just asking the question and laying out a few cards. Generally I lay out 3 cards only and get my answer that way. You could try that as well.

Thank you for the spreads i will try these, this is a new area for me as i never really thought of trying to get a reading about some one that had passed over. Thank you for this reply this is something i will try out,
Louise

SunChariot

But can you do a reading on a person that has passed over. For example if i had a burning question about my grandmother would the cards tell me?

Any advice is greatly appreciated good or bad, its only a question.

Absolutely. Especially if you need to know that badly, the powers that send us the answers though the cards, will want to get you that information just as much.

Not only can you ask about someone who has passed over, but in my experience you can often talk directly to them trhuogh the cards. I tend to personally ask that my answers come from my angels (all this depends on your belief system). But I could ask in one particular reading if it could be my aunt who has passed on who could answer me instead. I could even ask first a yes or no question to see if they are willing. if I got a yes, I would proceed to ask them questions personally.

That happened to me once accidentally. I was reading for male freind. It was a meditation reading.( one of those readingsi where you "enter the card" and talk to the characters in it)

I did know that my friend missed his mother and two sisters who had passed over and he was asking about them...I got a card with an image of 3 woman in it and they pretty much told me it was them. We had a pretty nice chat actually. They were very kind and caring.

Also you can do readings on your own past lives, if that interests you. Those tend to be fascinating as well.

Babs

louiseb

CN wow what allot of spreads they have. i will go through these and try a few out plus the angels section. thank you so much for this much appreciated.
thanks so much for this Louise