How often do you read?

Eeviee

Just wondering how often everyone pulls out their cards...

Once I got past the "beginning" stage of learning Tarot, I feel much less inclined to draw daily cards. Now I find myself doing readings much less often; Usually when I have problems or concerns.

I am still reading books, articles, posts on Tarot, studying, admiring and collecting decks; just not doing many readings these days...

How often do you use your cards? When do you find yourself pulling them out?

Alta

I still do daily draws. And am inclined to check with the cards for even smaller puzzles and annoyances of everyday life. I find it grounding and it forces me to think more deeply about 'stuff'.

tarotbear

I used to do a lot, a lot, a lot of card reading; now I don't. How often one reads has to do with WHY one reads, or feels they need to read. Sometimes I read people's posts on the readings thread or in the card thread and ask 'You wasted the Tarot on THAT?' There is a big difference in finding out if someone's health is failing - and what color to dye your hair - but people ask!

I come here daily - 6 or 7 times or more - I handle cards sometimes, look up things someone is asking about in my deck, think about why someone sees a combination meaning such-and-such - I feel this is equivalent to 'reading' the cards. I used to do a daily card draw and a minimum of a full Celtic Cross spread once a week. But I don't anymore.

nami

I read a lot less than I used to. A good chunk of my readings early on where more for learning/practice reasons than anything. These days, it depends more on my mood how often I read or if I've just gotten a new deck, but it's never been anywhere near what it was when I was starting out.

intuitiveinsight

Hi everyone,
I still pull daily draws and sometimes when I feel inclined I read for myself.
In the past, I use to read a lot more than I do now for myself. As of late it's been about reading other people than reading for myself as I'm a professional reader.
So it's really when I feel the time is right!

Emerald Isles

I actually draw more frequently than when I first started. Even so, sometimes I go for about a week without touching my deck. The only 'daily' draws I do are related to dreams. I try to do a dream interpretation spread daily, but I do miss a day or two occasionally. Sometimes I only do one draw a day, and other times I do about three-six spreads. It all depends on what I'm feeling at the time.

Trogon

I'm a little all over the place with this. As I am still feeling a little rusty in spots after a hiatus from the Tarot, I've been trying to do a daily reading for my work day. But to a great extent, these readings are just as much about setting the cards in my mind and, well ... building my confidence back up, as they are about what I need to know for the day. Though they really help with that too. Then again, if I get busy right away at work, I may not do a reading that day.

So, I guess kind of daily then ...

tarotcognito

Daily draw for study and meditation, and giving my two cents on some readings posted here. Like Trogon, I'm back after a short hiatus and easing myself into a groove before jumping back into readings.

Richard

.......How often do you use your cards? When do you find yourself pulling them out?
It varies according to what's going on. Lately it has been once or twice a day. When things are plodding along as usual, it might be once a week.

Amanda

At least 3 or 4 times a week, it seems. I have a better balance now between reading for myself and reading for others... it used to be all about others. I never was big on daily cards or journaling/meditating. But I'm usually in the Your Readings forum interpreting nearly every day.