Advice needed on reading oracle cards.

denv12

Hi.

I've started reading oracle cards this last 2 weeks using "The answer is simple" oracle cards.I found a few card spreads and even posted a few here today.

Here's what I've been doing:
1)I shuffle the cards whilst thinking of whatever I want to get guidance on.
2)I then fan the cards face down out across the table.
3)I pick out cards at random.
4)I place each card in its position according to the card spread.
5)I begin reading the cards.

Is that a good way to do it? Should I shuffle the cards then split the deck then pick the cards off the top? I would really like to know what is the better way of doing it.The way I do it seems to work.I just thought I might not be doing it right.

Thanks for understanding.

Chris.

thirdlibra

Hi.

I've started reading oracle cards this last 2 weeks using "The answer is simple" oracle cards.I found a few card spreads and even posted a few here today.

Here's what I've been doing:
1)I shuffle the cards whilst thinking of whatever I want to get guidance on.
2)I then fan the cards face down out across the table.
3)I pick out cards at random.
4)I place each card in its position according to the card spread.
5)I begin reading the cards.

Is that a good way to do it? Should I shuffle the cards then split the deck then pick the cards off the top? I would really like to know what is the better way of doing it.The way I do it seems to work.I just thought I might not be doing it right.

Thanks for understanding.

Chris.

If it works, you're doing it right ;-)

Padma

I agree with Third Libra :) and many people prefer the random choice from fans, or from spreading the cards on the table, over picking from the top - it's entirely up to you; if your mind/intuition prefers the fan method, then it is the correct way for you to go about business.

denv12

I agree with Third Libra :) and many people prefer the random choice from fans, or from spreading the cards on the table, over picking from the top - it's entirely up to you; if your mind/intuition prefers the fan method, then it is the correct way for you to go about business.

In reply to both Lotus Padma and Third Libra:
Thank you to both of you.
I guess I just got used to the fan method but I've tried some readings by shuffling,splitting the deck,take cards from the top.It seems to work both ways.I thought that was interesting.

With the fan method I think I used my left hand.I remember having a tarot card reading.The Reader and I are both Libran's.She used the Prediction deck by Aquarian press.I bought that one and 2 books to understand the cards.I waved my left hand slowly over the top of the fanned out cards and picked cards that way.I've kept doing it this way and then saw the spiltting the deck,etc.Tried that too.

Padma

by choosing from the fan method, as opposed to cutting and taking from the top, you are engaging your intuition more, I think...Also having more control over which cards will affect your vision... :) hth!

denv12

by choosing from the fan method, as opposed to cutting and taking from the top, you are engaging your intuition more, I think...Also having more control over which cards will affect your vision... :) hth!

I remember that when I did it wth tarot cards as I waved my left hand over the fan cards my middle finger used to hit the a card and I'd pick up each card that way.I would love to have that again.I think the fan method seems to work for me.

Thanks again.

Chris.

danieljuk

sometimes when you buy an oracle they have instructions in the included booklet. Sometimes I do use the author's method or completely ignore it and go my own way!

I think everything with tarot and oracles is finding your own method that works best for you! that is the important thing.

I shuffle oracles like I do with the tarot and take from the top but today I am going to try out the fanning method :) I am not a good shuffler or card handler so it has to be simple for me. going to try fanning!

denv12

sometimes when you buy an oracle they have instructions in the included booklet. Sometimes I do use the author's method or completely ignore it and go my own way!

I think everything with tarot and oracles is finding your own method that works best for you! that is the important thing.

I shuffle oracles like I do with the tarot and take from the top but today I am going to try out the fanning method :) I am not a good shuffler or card handler so it has to be simple for me. going to try fanning!

These cards "The answer is simple",they did come with a booklet and suggested a card for the day but also to try your own ideas.As these cards are to big for my hands and as a guy I have decent size hands I turn the cards so that I shuffle them the narrowest part.It works.I might try to picj from top.I trued that a few times.It still did a nice reading.

Thanks.

Chris.