Combining tarot and oracle decks

katrananda

I was wondering how people went about adding to a tarot reading using oracle decks. Do you ask the oracle deck for more information on a particular card? Ideas welcome, b/c I have several oracle decks that I'd like to use in readings with my tarot deck. Thanks.

Ruby Red Slippers

katrananda

I use the Froud Faeries with the Tarot reading. Following the tarot reading, I have them shuffle the Faeries. I usually say something like, "let's see what the faries have to say"

This works well for me. When I am guided, I shuffle the faeries while they are shuffling the Tarot cards and ask for guidance. I then turn the deck over so the bottom card is showing, and that is my guide for that reading. So far this has worked well for me.

Just be guided by your heart.
Blessings,
RRS

zorya

i often mix oracles. every day i draw a rune with my daily tarot cards.

sometimes i pull 1 to 3 soul cards before a reading to help me connect better intuitively or psychically.

and there are times when a particular oracle is well suited to a question and will look at the issue from a different angle than the tarot, so i do readings with both.

Rusty Neon

You could use the Oracle Deck (or a tarot deck such as the Osho Zen Tarot) to pick the spread position names and use the main tarot deck to fill the cards to fill those spread positions.

lark

Rusty Neon said:
You could use the Oracle Deck (or a tarot deck such as the Osho Zen Tarot) to pick the spread position names and use the main tarot deck to fill the cards to fill those spread positions.
I really like this idea!

katrananda

Thanks everyone. Your imput has given me some ideas to go on with.
One method I saw today used tarot cards for the Celtic Cross, and an oracle deck(Doreen Virtue's Fairies) for more information on certain cards when the meaning wasn't clear.