The Goddess Oracle

MareSaturni

Just for curiosity's sake...does anyone else here own it? I've had it for some years now and i've never met anyone else who had it or used it.
What do you think of this oracle?

Particularly, the first thing that attracted me to this oracle were the pictures...Hrana Janto did an amazing job. Although i haven't used the cards much lately, as studying the Tarot and the Lenormand cards has been taking all my 'divination' time, i remember i liked to use it to 'connect' with a determined goddess during a ritual or when i thought i needed her energy, or even to ask more...hum, 'womanly' questions.
Although this deck has proved to be a great addition to my collection in the past, nowadays it's kinda forgotten in a drawer by my bed, not because i don't like but i just...don't feel so connected anymore.
I believe that's why i decided to try shaking the dust off of it by looking for other people who had it...perhaps we could share some ideas and all.

All right, i'm rambling.

Love,

~Yuko

Red Emma

Goddess oracle

Miss Yuko,

Do you mean the Triple Goddess Oracle? I bought it mostly because I fell in love with the art work. In fact, I was so charmed by that aspect that I didn't notice that it was an oracle rather than a full-sized tarot deck.

I've tried to work with it anyhow, but am having trouble. When I read the accompanying book to try to understand it, I feel put off by the 'preciousness' of the author's writing style and orientation to her work. I guess you could say I still love the art work, but I don't use it much. Others who have it say they use it for meditation. Could be useful, but I've not tried it yet.

Goddess bless.

MareSaturni

Red Emma said:
Miss Yuko,

Do you mean the Triple Goddess Oracle? I bought it mostly because I fell in love with the art work. In fact, I was so charmed by that aspect that I didn't notice that it was an oracle rather than a full-sized tarot deck.

I've tried to work with it anyhow, but am having trouble. When I read the accompanying book to try to understand it, I feel put off by the 'preciousness' of the author's writing style and orientation to her work. I guess you could say I still love the art work, but I don't use it much. Others who have it say they use it for meditation. Could be useful, but I've not tried it yet.

Goddess bless.

I am talking about this deck: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/goddess-oracle/
Perhaps they are the same with different names?

It seems you have the same problem as i...the book is beautiful, the images too but it, alas, doesn't help me much in a divination level. I have a hard time at understanding what the card means and all...that's why i prefer my Tarot decks. Much more straightforward.

Anyway, as i said, it's still a lovely addition to any collection.

crystal dawn

miss_yuko said:
Just for curiosity's sake...does anyone else here own it? I've had it for some years now and i've never met anyone else who had it or used it.
What do you think of this oracle?

Particularly, the first thing that attracted me to this oracle were the pictures...Hrana Janto did an amazing job. Although i haven't used the cards much lately, as studying the Tarot and the Lenormand cards has been taking all my 'divination' time, i remember i liked to use it to 'connect' with a determined goddess during a ritual or when i thought i needed her energy, or even to ask more...hum, 'womanly' questions.
Although this deck has proved to be a great addition to my collection in the past, nowadays it's kinda forgotten in a drawer by my bed, not because i don't like but i just...don't feel so connected anymore.
I believe that's why i decided to try shaking the dust off of it by looking for other people who had it...perhaps we could share some ideas and all.

All right, i'm rambling.

Love,

~Yuko

Hi Miss Yuko
I have had this deck for two years now and only use it occassionally. It is a beautiful deck. I sometimes use it as an alternative to tarot for readings. I also do annual readings with this deck to give me an idea of which goddess (or what type of forces if you like) will be helping and guiding me through each month of the year, and what the best advice is for that month.

Blessings

crystal dawn

Sulis

I have this deck and use it occasionally. I usually use it alongside tarot.

I did some readings with it in one of the 'seekers threads' in the reading exchange last year - pulled each member of the group a goddess card to tell them what to focus on. Went down a treat.

I really like my Goddess Oracle - the book that goes with it is a very good read too if you like Goddess mythology.

Love

Sulis xx

mike gorth

I've recently been thinking of getting it. I really like it and well, I think just now I'm gonna get it (Hey Mom!? What!? Can I get the goddess oracle? What!?) nevermind. I'll order it soon. It looks cool.

MareSaturni

mike gorth said:
I've recently been thinking of getting it. I really like it and well, I think just now I'm gonna get it (Hey Mom!? What!? Can I get the goddess oracle? What!?) nevermind. I'll order it soon. It looks cool.

It's a very beautiful deck. Definitely worth getting (although i don't use it very much, it's a precious addition to my collection ;)).
Surely you'll enjoy it!

~Yuko

Rhiannon

I adore this deck. I responded in almost all the posts zorya mentioned. :) In the 2nd one I said that I used in during ritual, that is what this deck has come to be used for exclusively in my house now.

I pull one card at each Esbat (new and full moons) that represents advice or insight from that particular Goddess for the current moon phase. It has been very helpful for me. I recently did this at a coven ritual and my coven mates really enjoyed the idea of it, and the cards as well.