Juno in the 9th House

Statickitten

I am just starting to study astrology. I was reading a website and it said if Juno is in your 9th house it is describing your 2nd marriage partner. Now for me, Juno is in Aquarius and Juno is in my 9th house. What is this supposed to mean? I was born April 26, 1978 if you need it.

-Static

rainwolf

In a word (or phrase I guess) I would say that they would be open minded in their philosophy to life and may at times seem a little radical in their views such as higher beliefs, generosity, and approach to honesty.

Minderwiz

If you are just starting Astrology I'd suggest that you keep to the basics and get a firm understanding of planets, houses, and aspects before you move into asteroids and other such bodies.

I'm not saying that they are not relevant - many Astrologers find them very useful, but most don't use them on a regular basis, if at all. They are not main stream and until you know your basics you would not be able to separate the added information from an asteroid placement from say, Uranus in the seventh.

The ninth house itself, traditionally symbolises the second marriage partner. The ruler of the ninth (which depends on the sign on the cusp of the ninth) would be the planet symbolising your second mate. Now if you haven't had a second long term, relationship (at least the equivalent of a second marriage) then the point is moot. It only becomes relevant if you move into a second 'marriage'.

If you do, then, assuming that you also have Aquarius on your ninth cusp, the new partner may be older than you, or may be academically inclined, or ouwardly a rather serious and reserved person - or may have a strong Saturn presence in their chart, such as a Sun sign Capricorn or Aquarius. Also an planets in the ninth would have a bearing.

What time were you born and where were you born?

Statickitten

I was born at 6:30 am in Minot ND

-Static

Minderwiz

Looking at your chart, Juno is actually in your tenth house, so that part of the issue doesn't apply.

What matters now is the status of a 'second mate'. If you already have one, then personally I'd use the seventh house of partner, though some would use the ninth (as mentioned above). If there's a possible on the horizon then I too would use either the fifth, or ninth depending on how strong the relationship is.

I'll base my comments on the ninth but please be aware that if things are different from my presumption of a possible second mate the comments are likely to be wrong. Also I'm doing this by reading from your chart, using a process known as turning the chart. This is not ideal at all but as there's absolutely no other information available about this person, it will have to do.

Your ninth is ruled by Capricorn, which still makes Saturn the symbol for the second mate. So, probably somewhat older than you or a young person who acts as though they are middle aged - sensible, careful, possibly hard working but could be over careful - they may be a little afraid to take risks or decisions until they've weighed things up several times. They are something of a plodder but the sort that gets there in the end.

There's probably an interest in philosophy/religion/travel here - some one who wants to broaden their minds and who has a little more emotional display than a normal Saturnian type. Their career might be something that requires diplomatic skills, the ability to see both points of view,and being able to relate well to others, though they may well do this in an unconventional or surprising way.

They may well be quite artistic or have a love of arts but might find it difficult to actually express any skill.

Please come back to me with some information - even if it's only that as yet this person is not on the scene. If there is a second mate in any shape or form let me know how accurate, if at all this is.

Statickitten

I'm sending you a PM Minderwiz.

-Static

autumn star

Hi,

I have Juno at the very end of my 8th house, on the cusp of my 9 th house, in aries.

I have found this thread really interesting ... I had never read that the 9th house refers to your 2nd marriage partner :)

Minderwiz

The assignation of second partner to the ninth is based on derived houses.

For example my children in general are ruled by the fifth house. If I have three children and wish to differentiate them in a reading, then the eldest gets the fifth house, the middle child gets the seventh house (third house (siblings) from the fifth - i.e. the sibling of my first child. The youngest child gets the ninth house - again the third from the seventh - the sibling of my middle child.

I could use the same reasonning for looking at my sister and brother - my sister is my eldest sibling so if I wanted a reading solely related to her, I'd take the third house. For my brother, I would take the fifth house (third from the third or brother of my sister).

The use of the ninth for the second partner is recorded in Sophia Mason's book, From one House to another, which looks at this process of derived houses. And I used that as the source for my original answer.

However there's something of a problem with this approach in this case. The use of a 'third house' relationship works for obvious reasons with siblings but I'm not sure of the logic for second partners, who are unrelated. So the ninth could be used for my brother in law (sibling of my wife) but I'm not sure that it holds for a second wife if ever I had one.

Personally, for anybody's second partner I'd use the seventh if they were married to the second partner or in a long term relationship with them.

I've been trying to search out an actual case used by someone where there is the issue of a possible second partner on the scene before a marriage takes place or is a potential event. The only one I can find, is discussed in Lee Lehman's book The Martial Art of Horary Astrology. In this case the querent was a woman actually in a relationship with a married man and wantint to know if he would marry her. The case takes up a lot of space, as she was recurring customer, so to speak. However, whilst Lehman uses the seventh house for him (from her point of view he is a long term partner); from his point of view she uses the fifth for the woman - i.e. a romantic interest. The ninth does not come into her reasoning, despite the possibility that he might actually marry her (and thus she would be his second partner) .

The upshot is that to date I can't find the ninth actually used in analysis, despite Mason's claim. I'm not ruling it out at all but I'd like to discover a convincing reason for its use and see an example of it used in practice.

If there is an Astrological basis for the assignation then it's possible to turn the chart and do a full reading, as if the ninth house were the first house of the prosepective partner - I used this approach above and it's a valid technique.

Thus if you was to do a chart for your sister-in-lawss cleaner, You could use your own chart, take the ninth house (seventh (marriage partner) from the third (brother) to get your sister-in-law and then count to the sixth house from that (the second house in your chart) which would be the house of her servants. Using that as the first house of a chart, proceed as normal.