Bdavis- Any advice you can give a beginner?

bdavis

Do you have any advice or etc you can give to a beginner in reading tarot cards?? I do readings on aol free already... I have the Mystic tarot cards..
I want to read everything I can get my hands on about the cards and tarot reading in general...
So any advice you could give me would be helpful...
Thanks

Sophie

My number one advice is - take full advantage of this site. Read the threads, learn. Many beginners stretch themselves here. There are also some valuable resources from experienced readers, including our moderators. I would in particular recommend:

- Umbrae's Process series (5 or 6 threads). Lots of good advice there.
- Thirteen's card meanings
- Any post written by JMD. His 78 weeks series is good - participative.
- Any reading by Marion and MeeWah (MeeWah often comments in Your Readings).

But just browse!

Nina*

AND any post written by Helvetica.

xxx
Nina

lukedra

As someone who is relativily new to the tarot to, While learning here i did learn to stretch my wings and my skill at reading increased rapidly. My best advice is to do as many readings for other people in real life as you can, and try to incroprate everything you learn here into your readings for them. Its a balance between exsperiance and study. This is the best place to study any part of the tarot.

huredriel

Hiya, well I came to AT before I even got my cards :). I would say I've learnt everything I know from being here at Aeclectic, playing the keyword games in the Fun & Games section definitely helped, and most importantly, being a member of the Circle of Stones (in the Reading Exchange) every week. The only other practice I get is from reading for friends at home. I've not yet bought or read any books so can't help on that one I'm afraid. Hopefully see you in the Circle of Stones in the future, everyone's really nice over there and no-one bites :D

Oh, nearly forgot, everything that Helvetica just said!

Blessings
x Huredriel

Grizabella

And don't expect to learn it "all". It's a constant learning process that never ends. Just go at the pace that's right for you and enjoy the journey. :)

Sophie

lukedra said:
My best advice is to do as many readings for other people in real life as you can, and try to incroprate everything you learn here into your readings for them.
Absolutely! I amend what I wrote this morning - lukedra's advice should go at the top!

wizzle

Other things to do

- Keep a journal of your readings and the meanings of the cards for you.
- Since you have the Mythic deck, you might want to join the study group for that deck (see study group forum)