tarot & numerology

tarotqueen

When someone ask me for help, I often use tarot combined with numerology ( to learn more about his/hers personality). Anyone else who uses this combination?

love TQ

tarotbear

When I do a spread, I quickly scan the cards to look for runs of numbers; if three or more of a number appear in the spread, I usually bring that up in the readings, telling the querent the 'significance' of the number .

I also look for how many Majors or cards of a suit there are. Not necessarily numerology there, but it can be revealing.

Ffortiwn

tarotqueen said:
When someone ask me for help, I often use tarot combined with numerology ( to learn more about his/hers personality). Anyone else who uses this combination?

love TQ
I'm interested in hearing more, TQ, sounds very useful. Based on what I have observed here over the last couple of months, I believe the majority of people on these forums rely on Tarot alone, but some incorporate other systems into the mix including psychology, Astrology, Qabbala and numerology. Smaller niches also use other esoteric systems. I could be off on this, but this is what I've seen.

Personally, I'm still a novice and I don't do readings for other people just yet. But I do pay attention to a few of the systems above for my own personal practice.

How does numerology help you in your work?

Kaylee Marie

I've been wanting to study more about numerology lately. Can anyone recommend a good website or book?

tarotbear

forteanajones said:
How does numerology help you in your work?

I'm sure tarotqueen has her own take on this, but numbers don't lie! Unlike everything else, a number is a permanent thing- you cannot make a positive number into a negative number without changing it, and numbers do not change.

For example, if you get any book on numerology and look up how to determine your birth number, you may get many different prople's interpretations on the best way to do it, but your birth number is a unique number, based on a unique moment in time. No matter if your number is #1, #10, or #19 - they all reduce to "1", and that number cannot change.

For example, if you do a spread and there are a lot of number 5's in it. Sphere number 5 on the Quabala Tree of Life (also based on numbers ) is the sphere of chaos. Fives deal with unstable things and upheavals. A spread with a lot of fives in it, no matter what the rest of the cards are, would tell me that the querent is going through many unsettling things in their life.

If your birth number is 5 - it tells me that you probably are a person who is always moving, never inactive, and tend to be anxious. This is because the Hierophant card tells you to stay still, but the Temperance card tells you to keep moving your butt so you don't stagnate.

Tarot and Numerology are very much tied in together. There are many books on the subject, and I suggest you explore your library or bookstore and add some numerology to your Tarot experience. It's great fun! :smoker:

tarotbear

Kaylee Marie said:
I've been wanting to study more about numerology lately. Can anyone recommend a good website or book?

One book based throuigh Numerology, even though it doesn't say so in 'Tarot in Ten Minutes' by R T Kaser. It is s series of examples using numbers based on your birthdate, the numerology of your name, etc. and what tarot cards resonate with those numbers. This is a fun book, very light reading, so don't expect some serious tome. In it you will find what your life card is, and such things as who am I? Where am I? Where am I going? and others. This book may not teach you a lot about tarot, but it's a fun read.

LLewellyn publishes books on this subject. Anyone else have a favorite?

dadsnook2000

For Kaylee Marie

For Taroists there may be one major book to consider: Numerology and The Divine Traingle by Faith Javane and Dusty Bunker. This incorproates both Numerology and the Tarot with a full numerological assessment for each of the 78 tarot cards -- plus all the numerology stuff. Available in all major book stores for the last 26 years. Dave

tarotqueen

Several years ago I read an articel in a Norwegian magazin about Tarot & Numerology, and I kept it. You can find your personal tarotcards based on your date of birth, first- and second card (simular to sun-sign and ascedant).

This table was in the article:
THE FOOL 28, 39
THE MAGICIAN 2, 13, 24
THE HIGH PRIESTESS 36, 47
THE EMPRESS 14, 25
THE EMPEROR 3, 10. 21
THE HIEROPHANT 6, 17
THE LOVERS 11, 22
THE CHARIOT 7, 18
STRENGTH 9, 20
HERMIT 8, 19
THE WEEL OF... 31, 42
JUSTICE 30, 35, 41
THE HANGED MAN 32, 43
DEATH 12, 46
TEMPERANCE 33, 44
THE DEVIL 29, 40
THE TOWER 34, 45
THE STAR 23, 48
THE MOON 26, 37
THE SUN 4, 15
JUDGMENT 27, 38
THE WORLD 5, 16

I`ll try to explain how it works by using my own day of birth, August 29, 1968: 0+8+2+9+1+9+6+8= 43 & 4+3= 7
My first card (outer) = The hanged man...
and my second card (inner) = The chariot

And now the funny part!!! Use Jane Lyle`s Book of Tarot. Under every Major card there`s a few words about Myths and symbols, that`s the part you need to read+ the characteristic of your sign. Check it out! I were chocked, because it was so incredible true...

love TQ

MoonGypzzy

How Ironic....

Just yesterday...I was assisting a friend with a 3 card reading. And I explained to her that if she added her cards she would come up with a number. Well we came up with the death card and then of course the emporor. So I told her well, seems to me that there will be a natural ending here. So then I asked her to pull another card right after her 3rd card...and funny enuff it was the the death card. She was in shock for a moment..and well to be honest I was too. So I do feel that using numerology when doing tarot ..gives u that extra edge. And the additional insight that is much needed.

MGxxoo

tarotqueen

The combination of tarot and numerology helps me to see how I can help a person... The outer card tells me how the person gets along with his surroundings and the inner card is what the person needs for his own wellbeing. I`m able to help people into balance whit those two cards- they`re my tools in spiritual guidance...

love TQ