Will I ever meet my Love?

YogaSpider

Today I had a querent who is single and who is so incredibly ready to meet her Love. Of course her question was if she will ever meet her love, and if so when?

And of course I want to do a reading which says: Yes you are going to meet your love and you will meet your love a week from now.
But often a satisfying answer like that is not given during a reading.

I always feel a bit awkward with questions like these. I find it a somewhat 'passive' question.

So, how do you as a reader, feel about questions like that?

Thank you,
YogaSpider

tieduptinkerbell

meeting our love...

So many things I would like to direct in life. I know that I am not alone in that...psychic and non psychic alike...readers and non readers...everyone wants to direct...its easier and cleaner and safer and prolly more fun in some ways. But alas none of us can. I find it is imperitive the client or the questioner realise that like them I am mere mortal and cannot direct the way the cards will show...what they will say...I am here to give a message...not play the puppeteer. Sighs. As much as I would like to answer questions like that for people. I can't...so I tell them that when they ask. I try to help them decide on a more direct question...or a maybe go the opposite and help them choose a broader view point from which to question...for instance...
What could I be doing to bring that love to me?

I am not sure what else to tell a person who is looking...cause love is illusive and it finds a person...the person does not find it. It is a gift to be enjoyed while it is here...and treasured in the memory when it is gone...but if we...and I know this first hand...try to predict what it will do by throwing the cards...we find ourselves a little more confused than when we start...or worse...seeing something that would have been better left unknown...

This is just my oppinion...

Hope that helps...

Bell

Grizabella

Just as a matter of coincidence, I got a book in the mail today as a result of my trade with Annabelle that has a spread in it entitled "Looking for Mr. or Mrs. Right". I don't know if it belongs here or in the spread section, but maybe the mods can sort that out for us and move it if need be.

There are 7 cards placed like this:

-------1-------
-------2-------
3-------------4
5-------------6
-------7-------

Directions are:

For position one, use only the kings and queens. Mix well and draw one card: kings=males (regardless of age) and queens=females (regardless of age).

For position two, use only the aces. Mix well and draw one card: wand=spring, cups=summer, pentacles=autumn, swords=winter

For positions three, four, five and six, return all the unused cards to the deck. Mix well and draw one card for each position.

For position seven, reverse half the deck, shuffle well and draw one card: upright=yes, reversed=no.

Meanings of the positions:

1. Who? Description of Mr. or Mrs. Right

2. When? The season of the year in which you will meet, or in which you have already met, this person.

3 and 4. What? Personality and character traits of this person.

5 and 6. Where? The environment in which you will meet or have already met.

7. If? Will the meeting with this person take place or has it already taken place, yes or no.

This is from the book Romancing the Tarot by Phyliss Vega.

YogaSpider

Bell,
Thank you for responding, I am happy to read how you feel about this, very insightfull.

My question to you is this: how exactly do you help your querent to ask a more direct question on this topic? What other alternatives do you give them?

YogaSpider

YogaSpider

Lyrics, thanks so much for the spread. I am sure I will use it on time!

But then again, this spread is being put out when it is most certain that you will find your love.

And what I am struggling with is what if the querent will not meet their Love in this lifetime? That as well is a possibility.

It is obvious that I am having quite some struggles with this, cuz I don't want to give my querent any false hopes.

Thank you,
YogaSpider

Rhiannon

Well, what you have to remember is that while your querent may THINK she's ready to meet her one and only true love, that may not be the case at all.

Perhaps she is only ready to me "Mr. Right Now" and not "Mr. Right". :) We learn alot from all relationships we are in, so none of them are "Mr. Wrong", really. Sometimes even abusive relationships can have a positive ending if we learn from our mistakes and move on with our lives in a new and positive direction.

Don't worry about not being able to tell your querent something happy. You are there to tell them the truth as the cards tell it to you. Nothing more and nothing less. Trust that the message you give will be the message they need to hear, whehter it is a positive message or not.

YogaSpider

Rhiannon,
Thank you and yes that is how I perceive "message" when I give it to the querent; this is the message and whether it is one that is not satisfying, well, that is something that I don't have a say in...

We can lay the cards and I will translate for you and bring you the message and that is all I can do.

YogaSpider

tieduptinkerbell

weeellll......

Help them to respect that the cards are trying to tell them what they deem important...and try to help them refrase questions to be I questions or statements...so

Instead of ...will I ever meet my love ...how about what do I need to do/learn/see/understand before I am ready to accept the love into my life for staysies(that means for longterm in my ...er..um...language...lol)

Or instead of when will I meet my love...how about...how long might it take if I work really hard at personal growth till I am ready to meet my love...
If its about the person its easier...otherwise you are predicting someone elses future...whom you have never met...and the client future...and I dunno about you...but I hate being thought of as a fortune teller. I am merely a vessel and a conduit...the cards are like an entity...telling their wisdom to whom will listen...

thats just an idea...hope it works...

hugs
Bell

YogaSpider

Thanks Bell, that really helps out a lot...
In that way you can shift it from a "passive" question into an "active" question in which I can work on with the querent and get more insight in a situation in which they can actively participate.
Moreover, the vagueness is taken away too that way.

Again, thnx, that really helped me out.

YogaSpider

SunChariot

Personally I don't beleive yes/no answers work with Tarot. I found a technique in a book once and tried it for a few months. It was pretty well a dismal failure. All asnwers to related questions were so contradictory. Finally, I asked "Does this method of getting yes/no questions work?" and the cards said no. I dropped it like a hot potato and have never tried to do a yes/no reading again. Although all my other readings have gone very very well.

My advice is to rephrase the question so that it is still useful and helpful, but no longer a yes/no question. And timing questions (that tell you when something will happen are iffy too as any little thing that changes the situation in any way can change the timeline.

I would instead ask something like "What steps can "X" take to help bring a new love into her life?"

or "How can "X" best prepare herself to be the person she needs to be for a new love to arrive in her life?"

or "What does the universe need her to be(become) before this new love can appear?" Which presumes that things come to our lives only when we are who the universe needs us to be for them to happen, when we truly are 100%ready, something I believe...Ie, she may feel she is so ready, but there is something lacking in her readiness or the new love would already here.

Or

"What attitude should "X" embrace in relation to finding (and/or having) a new love?"

These are my ideas of Tarot. That it is not just a tool to tell you the future, but a tool for changing it, and improving yourself wherever possible.

Well those are my feelings,

Bar