Dumb question but.... do you list?

mythos

I was adding a deck to my tarot list - I have a table document with the decks listed alphabetically, two images of each deck, name, and publishing details etc. That Virgo list-maker in me still pops out ocassionally. Anyway, she says looking at the word 'ocassionally' & wondering whether it should be spelt 'occasionally' ... yep - that's better (another virgo obsession - spelling), and I wionder, do others here 'list' (and I am not referring to the listing to the right or left as a result of heavy alcohol intake), and if so, do you include non-tarot decks in your list.

I don't include non-tarot decks ... being a bit of a purist - oh gosh, all my bad habits are showing - mythos lifts skirt and checks - yep clean white underwear - :bugeyed:

So: Do you list, and if so, do you include non-tarot decks in your list!

Mythos apologises - having a verbose and convoluted morning:p

September Pixie

Yes, I kind of do, and nope I keep my oracles seperate :) but then again, I am a virgo too!

lunakasha

I keep a list here, in my profile and in the "What decks are in your collection" thread. I list them in alphabetical order, and keep the oracles separate also.

But I like the idea of keeping a "hardcopy" list with pics and publishing info. Yep, I am a list person too....(of the Taurean persuasion! ;) )

:) Luna

poivre

I have my decks in a box, in a closet, under some hanging coat,
all in an order, decks on one side, books in the middle and
misc. divination on the other side of box.

When I get the deck box I want for storing or easy access...

YES everything will be noted and in alphbetical order and
Oracles will be separted as well as I Ching etc.
It will be placed in the lid of the box.
"there will be a place for everything and
everything will be in it's place"
I'll know exactly what I have & don't have.

GAWD I sound like a sick person!!!
but my ideas fit in with the other earth sign people
of this thread???

gregory

Oh GOD yes I list. I have a HUGE (searchable) database in MS Access, with deck name and alternative titles, publisher, artist, date, where I got it and for how much, where I store it, some descriptive notes... I started putting pix in but it promptly got so huge I had to stop. From that I can print out all manner of lists sorted in all kinds of ways.

As hard copy, I print out the basics (in catalogue order) and scan a couple of images (the same 2 for each deck), print them out :)shhh: on the colour laser at work) and stick them on the page with the details (this catalogue lists name, artist, date and publisher under each image - mostly 2 decks to a page. I also have an up to date list of where they are stored printed out, to keep in the room where they all are so I can find them fast.

Obsessive ? MOI ? OF COURSE ! :thumbsup:

PS I am a Scorpio...........

memries

Thank goodness I only have two decks ! I am an un neat Scorpio !

gregory

I never said I was neat. If SO ever divorces me my total lack of neatth will be why. But I do like to be able to find my decks !!!! :cool4:

Julien

As someone who is generally hyperorganized... I don't do lists for my Tarot decks... I think, because other parts of my life are so highly structured I need to keep this one, well, less structured... Unstructured even... ;)

Besides, I'm an Aries with Scorpio Rising, and moon in Taurus... No lists, but everything in its on a particular shelf in my living room so that, when I come rushing in to do a very intense Tarot reading, I can comfortably ensconce myself in my favorite chair and get right to it. ;)

Julien

Dwaas

Another Taurus here. And no listing at all :D
I don't have that many decks, I keep a few precious ones in a special drawer and the other decks are somewhere in this small house. I know where to find every deck and I like to just stretch my arm and find a treasure to work and play with.
Blessings

Lillie

I have a list in my profile.

Recently I made it alphabetic, and seperated the oracle decks.

It's not a long list, but it's nice to have it neat and proper.

Other than that I have a list in the back of a book. where they are all listed. except I havn't for ages, so I need to add one or two...

Saggi, moon in Pisces. No earth signs except pluto and Uranus in virgo (where everyone remotely my age has them!

My husband believes that my ascendant is virgo, because he says I am an anal list maker and organiser.

But I have only been like that since I have been with him, and it is a attitude that he forced me into, by his particular form of disorganisation.

Although he does all the cleaning. (except the washing up. That is my one concession to house work. But I only do it because he makes me, and if I do it he cannot say that I do nothing...)
I never notice the dirt...