pure amethyst rock...

a_shikhs

Hieee.. Today i bought a huge amethyst rock.. its bigger than my palm and a beautiful piece.. This is my first raw crystal rock and i love it..:) I was just wondering how can i use this?? i mean what can a rock crystal be used for??

ps: the pics arent very clear....

Attachments

• amethyst crystal1.JPG
    amethyst crystal1.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 131
  • crystal1.JPG
    crystal1.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 108

sharpchick

a_shikhs said:
Hieee.. Today i bought a huge amethyst rock.. its bigger than my palm and a beautiful piece.. This is my first raw crystal rock and i love it..:) I was just wondering how can i use this?? i mean what can a rock crystal be used for??

ps: the pics arent very clear....

Well, I know how I would use it. . . I have crystals all around my house - a lovely display of larger ones, like the size of yours, on an end table in my living room. And amethyst is one of my favorites.

Amethyst is a spiritual stone. It has no associations with violence or negativity of any kind and has been used in magic for hundreds of years. It is a wonderful calming stone for everyday stress.

I'd use it on my altar for specific rituals. Even with the quality of your photos, I'd say it could also be a fine specimen to represent a feminine deity on an altar.

If you are interested in the metaphysical properties of crystals, a wonderful resource is Scott Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem and Metal Magic.

Sienna

I've read but I have no actual experience, that Amethyst is a cleansing healing crystal, and a great base crystal for other crystals, (not really sure what that means) but I know it is associated with healing, cleansing and the soaking up of negativity.

Sx

a_shikhs

sharpchick said:
If you are interested in the metaphysical properties of crystals, a wonderful resource is Scott Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem and Metal Magic.

I recently bought The Crystal Bible by Judy Halls.. its a lovely book and gives good insight about various crystals. As of now, i keep the rock near my pillow while sleeping and have got very peaceful sleep.. It is also helping me to study better and concentrate well. I have small alter in my room filled with crystals, candles, incense, and snaps..:) Theres no place for the crystal rock.. I am thinking of keeping this rock with my tarot cards and keep it with me while doing readings for people.. Can this rock be used for anything else???

a_shikhs

Sienna said:
I've read but I have no actual experience, that Amethyst is a cleansing healing crystal, and a great base crystal for other crystals, (not really sure what that means) but I know it is associated with healing, cleansing and the soaking up of negativity.

Sx

Amethyst is an extremely powerful and protective stone with a high spiritual vibration. It guards against psychic attack, transmuting the energy into love. Amethyst is extremely beneficial to the mind, calming or stimulating as appropriate. When you meditate, it turns thoughts away from the mundane into tranquility and deeper understanding. Mentally, it helps you feel less scattered, more focused and in control of your faculties. It is one of the most spiritual stones, promoting love of the divine, giving insights into its true nature, and encouraging selflessness and spiritual wisdom. It opens intuition and enhances psychic gifts. This is an excellent stone for meditation and scrying and can be placed on the third eye to stimulate it. Sleeping with amethyst facilitates out-of-body experiences and brings intuitive dreams....
( as written in the crystal bible)

Amethyst is a base crystal for other crystals probably means that you can charge your other crystals with the help of an amethyst. Amethyst is a good cleanser and a charger for other crystals.... You can put your crystal bracelets on the amethyst rock to remove all negativity from them.. :)

Netzach

a_shikhs said:
Amethyst is a good cleanser and a charger for other crystals.... You can put your crystal bracelets on the amethyst rock to remove all negativity from them.. :)

Yes, amethyst very rarely needs cleansing itself but is very valuable for cleansing - other crystals, rooms, whatever . . .

One word of warning - it can have powerful effects on electrical equipment, especially computers. Ask your amethyst whether it is safe to put it near your computer - if it says no or if you're not sure, keep it well away.

a_shikhs

??????

Netzach said:
One word of warning - it can have powerful effects on electrical equipment, especially computers. Ask your amethyst whether it is safe to put it near your computer - if it says no or if you're not sure, keep it well away.

This explains a lot.. Last night i was sitting in my room with my laptop on my lap and the amethyst rock near the laptop, when suddenly my laptop went off and it refused to start.. This has never happened before..This happened all of a sudden and there was no logical reason behind this.. then today with great difficulty it started working again.. What is the connection between amethyst and computers???? (very curious to know)

sharpchick

The same is true of hematite, and it has to do with the magnetic field of crystals - some stronger than others.

Don't know how old you are, a_shikhs, but if you are old enough, you will remember the days when a few folks were talking about the healing properties of magnets, and the "mainstream" medical community was rolling on the floor laughing.

They are not laughing now - in fact, they are prescribing magnetized hematite to help alleviate the symptoms of a variety of illnesses, including arthritis. . .

Sienna

Hey, guess what I picked up in charity shop today? a nice piece of amethyst, couldn't believe my luck as I really wanted one, but just couldn't afford it. Its slightly bigger than a golf ball so its quite a nice size. The shopguy said he just put it out this morning so I guess it "knew" I was coming.

Very pleased with it, sorry but don't have a digital camera (can't afford one yet, but hopefully the old prosperity altar will start working soon, after Ganesh arrives!)

Sx

a_shikhs

Wow... That sounds beautiful.. Congrats on your amethyst crystal. I love amethyst and always feel so spiritually attached to it.. Hey maybe you can try scrying with it.. Lucky you.. :)