Has anyone else done this?

thatonegirl

OK, so ive been doing some reading exchanges online, and through email with friends. Ive gotten nothing but 100% good feedback.
But...last night I read in person for someone besides myself, ( I read for the boyfriend) and I totally blew it. Im not sure if it was the thoth deck ( which im not quite used to yet) or what it was, but has anyone else done this? Any tips to help me out?

WalesWoman

How did you blow it? My guess is... you were too emotionally invested to be objective.

Or... he may not have been completely candid in his responses... it's hard to say.

Grizabella

I've found that it's hard for me to read for those who are real close to me sometimes. I think I know them but I really don't because it's not possible to completely know someone else even if you live with them or gave birth to them, and what I think I know colors what I see in the cards, so my reading isn't accurate.

Another thing that I think happens is that the other person's reaction will be "whoa, dang! I didn't know the cards were going to tell her THAT!" so they deny whatever it is. :p

thatonegirl

I didnt totally blow it I guess, I didnt really say a whole lot. Its really difficult for me to verbalize things when im reading, and much easier to write them up or type them.
And I think it may have been the emotional attachment bit, or that i know him really well, and he didnt have a specific question in mind, so it was just a general reading. Generally, when I dont do a specific question or topic, the cards tend to tell me about the person, and I already knew what it was telling me, and I was also generally afraid of making a mistake.

I also think the Thoth deck might have had something to do with it, he's in love with the artwork and asked me to use it, and its a deck im not quite used to. I probably should have used RW or the Aquarian.
Live and learn right?