Is he gay? Cards that can indicate

Unicorn39

I was wondering the community's opinions on tarot cards that can indicate homosexuality. I was doing a spread on my relationship with my ex-boyfriend (who I always secretly wondered about his sexual interest in men) and in the position of "What can you do to make this relationship work" the Ace of Wands came up. Right away, I saw (excuse my smutty brain) a hand on an enormous phallus. I thought that the answer of this card in this position was something akin to "Have a penis and then this relationship might work." HA!

Am I the only one who has ever seen this card in this way? Are there any cards in the deck that can be interpreted as representing homosexuality?

Unicorn39
(I've got a horn..isn't that good enough?)

Knight of Wands

I'm just going to warn you, I asked this question when I first joined...and some members have quite strong views on using cards to find out sexuality....so be prepared...lol

But, I think the Fool can represent homosexuality and bisexuality! And loving it at that!

The Devil could mean not accepting it I suppose!

Two of Pentacles could represent bisexuality or not knowing.

Theres probably more but these are off the top of my head.

KoW

P.S - Hehe I've thought the same about the ace of wands a couple of times!

WhiteRaven

There is a sticky note at the top of this forum that covers this topic. MoonGold created this awhile ago....I'm sure you'll find something there that will help you.

Here's the url:

Gay and Lesbian Themes in Tarot

*Note...could be wrong on the title of the Sticky Note...

doreen

I have always found that the Page of Cups followed by the Emperor can indicate whether a person is gay or not.

tarotbear

beating a dead horse non-stop

OH PLEAEEEESE! Let's not bring this crap up again ....

There are (too many, IMHO) threads on this subject as there is. Please do a search for them....

Why not just ask him? Using the cards is intrusive and actually none of your business to do so.

Marua

well...

If you take a look at the sun card in the decameron deck you will find two nude, young men, that looks like they just, well... made love. I have seen other sun cards depicting young men together, but if it means homosexuality, i'm not sure.

Baroli

I agree with Tarotbear, just ask him. What's the worst that could happen? You've got a 50/50 chance of being right or wrong? LMAO. To quote Fats Waller, 'Tain't nobody's business but my own.'

Peace

Baroli52

PS Not trying to put down your question, so please forgive me if you took offense at my silliness. :)

Dwaas

Unicorn39 said:
I was doing a spread on my relationship with my ex-boyfriend (who I always secretly wondered about his sexual interest in men)

Then why didn't you ask him then? Why do we need cards for something which is not our business unless we ask because of involvement and sincere interest in one another?

edited to add:
I took some time to overthink the matter and now see that tarotbear has said the same...

Lady Mary

Unicorn39 said:
...and in the position of "What can you do to make this relationship work" the Ace of Wands came up. Right away, I saw (excuse my smutty brain) a hand on an enormous phallus. I thought that the answer of this card in this position was something akin to "Have a penis and then this relationship might work." HA!

Am I the only one who has ever seen this card in this way?
First, I agree with the others: Simply talk with him and ask him.
Second, I'd say you can also see this card in other ways. Like take things in your own hands ;) or be the one who initate things, the one who invents creative things. A new kind of passion might be asked for.

Alta

Folks,
Moongold prepared the sticky because this theme had been explored so often and in so many ways. It is at the top of this Forum and WhiteRaven also posted a direct link.

That being said, let's not jump on the poster for asking, merely suggest that Unicorn39 read what has been said, at great length.

And, here it is again
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=43063

Marion
co-moderator
Talking tarot