Possible Box contest.

agedog1

How do I run a contest, so that the contestant can win one of my Box's? I was thinking of running a contest where everyone votes on their favorite Tarot Card. Card that gets the most votes - I will do a box (pyrography of course). Winner will be selected at random. What do you guys & gals thinK. Please give me feed back, like favorite card in favorite deck? Or just favorite card? Let me know. Thanks

Lillie

Hi.

You do pyrography? so do I.
It's great, isn't it.

What sort of boxes do you do it on?
I was thinking of doing boxes, but havn't been able to source blanks at a good price.

Anyhow. I think your contest idea is great.
There have been a couple of deck raffles recently.
Where people who wanted to play picked a card, then the owner of the deck took a random card from the dack, and the one who had guessed that card won.

These raffles were done in the 'fun and games' section.

Are there any pictures of your work up on the site anywhere I could see?
I'm always interested in looking at someone elses work.

agedog1

Lillie

That's beautiful work.

What sort of machine do you use? solid point, or hot wire?

This is a picture I did. Sadly the camera is rubbish, so it's lost a bit of detail and stuff.

http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=8282

That was done with a hot wire machine. I can't get on with the solid point things. Although you can get some nice tips for stamping letters and that sort of thing. But they take too long to heat up.

I really can't say about your idea of a contest. I have never done anything like that. Though I know the raffles were popular.
I think it is a lovely idea, it's very generous of you to give your hard work as a prize, and your work is very beautiful, so a box would be a prize that anyone would be proud to win.
But how you would actually arrange it...
Well, I suppose that is up to you. :)

PS. It's great to talk to another pyrographer!
I have asked once or twice if anyone else on the forum does it, and no one has said yes. So perhaps all the pyrographers are keeping quiet, or possibly it is not a common craft amongst ATers.

Good luck!

tarotbear

A rose by any other name ....

Both of your respective works are lovely, so now I will ask the obvious dumb question ~~ is pyrography plain ol' woodburning with a fancy-ass 21st century name?

Sulis

Why don't you offer one of your boxes as a prize in the ATF subscribers competition? That's what I did with one of my tarot bag and reading cloth sets - just get in touch with Solandia.

Sulis xx

agedog1

Pyrography, competition

No actually woodburing is a fancy 20th century name. Pyrography has been around since the 17th century - I'm pretty sure on that one (although it may have been earlier).

I didn't want to offer it in the monthy competitions because only subscribers (like me who pay for subscriptions to AT) are allowed. Some of the people who contribut to to forum don't have the money for subscriptions - so I though I'd put it on one of the forums everybody can post to.

Alta

A while back some folks did raffles of decks. We decided the best place was the Forum Tarot Games & Fun for this sort of activity.
Marion

agedog1

O.K. so we will do it in Tarot Games and Fun. So now, concrete suggestions on how to run the contest would be great!

Favorite Card? Major Arcana Only? What deck/s?

I'm sure I can find a moderator out there and we can pick a random number (post to the thread)together and then when that random number (post, say quote 133 or something like that). The person that posted would win the box. Hey this is just a suggestion help me out here.