Tarot and Death

a_shikhs

Is it ok to ask the cards about someone's death??
Im just curious to know what everyone thinks of this. Is it wrong to ask such a question because you are interfering with nature????

~ Shikhs... ~

Alpha-Omega

well what is it you want to ask about the death. Like "what caused it"

a_shikhs

Ive heard that you should not ask any death questions such as will the person die this day,etc, etc.....

My question is: Is it wrong to ask such questions in the cards because you are interfering with nature by knowing before if that person will die in a few days???

Would love to know people's opinions..

Alta

I do not know if there is anything wrong with it exactly. I sort of doubt you would get straight answer.
Is this the kind of thing you would really want to know? Up to you I guess. Just not a question I would ask.

Alpha-Omega

i am not sure. alot would say dont. But even if you did and tried to stop it, you cant, death will get you no matter what.

a_shikhs

Marion said:
I do not know if there is anything wrong with it exactly. I sort of doubt you would get straight answer.
Is this the kind of thing you would really want to know? Up to you I guess. Just not a question I would ask.

Nopes.. Its scary when you get a strong feeling that something is wrong and when you ask the cards, it gets confirmed.

Aoife

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'interferring with nature'.
The only aspect of your question that is actually a question is the 'in a few days part' [given that everyone dies at some time]... so do you mean we shouldn't ask about the timing of someone's death?

I wonder how you would interpret the yes/no answer to your question. Which cards would you expect to see for which?

Perhaps more usefully you could work through why you want to know when someone will die, then explore your feelings around those questions with the cards.

Alpha-Omega

i did a reading for a freind once (relationship question) and i got the TOWER so you know, not a good sign. so i told her somthing very bad would happen in the relationship. 3 months later her Boyfirend died.

a_shikhs

Alpha-Omega said:
i did a reading for a freind once (relationship question) and i got the TOWER so you know, not a good sign. so i told her somthing very bad would happen in the relationship. 3 months later her Boyfirend died.

Omigod.... Thats shocking and scary too..

Well i did a reading for a friend yesterday where i predicted that her grandfather will die in the near future.. Today i did a celtic cross spread regarding his health and got that he will be hospitalised in the near future which will cause his death. I am really scared and freaked.. And since a few days i have been feeling a little uneasy that something is going to go wrong somewhere.. Just this strong gut feeling..

catlin

I think a very good reason for avoiding death related questions is that it may be a kind of self fulfilling prophecy.

Most ppl in at least Western culture still have an issue with death and get the scarying daylights when such a topic shows up in the cards.

I have seen death indications around 3 times in the last few years (9/11, a suicide in the family of a querent and a natural death for another querent) and I did not tell the querents the full truth. I just told them they should be prepared that someone might step out of their life.

IMO life is birth - death - rebirth, one cannot exist without the other, it is just the normal circle of Life.