Tarot and Death

Baroli

catlin said:
IMO life is birth - death - rebirth, one cannot exist without the other, it is just the normal circle of Life.

That's a lovely way of putting things, catlin

Baroli

Alissa

I had a querent once ask me the following for his reading: "Where will I be when I die?"

Despite my qualms about doing the reading at all, I decided to forge ahead. I used the Hidden Question spread (in the Spreads index) and the reading ended up talking all about where he would be in his emotional state when he died. Specifically, the "Hidden Question" spread position showed clearly what he was really searching for in the read... "will I be alone when I die?" His greatest fear.

It was not an easy reading, but it was do-able. Not something I would normally read for, but this was an old friend I just couldn't say no to. I was not able to tell him any location information, except that I kept seeing a plane trip over an ocean. Which does nothing helpful but give someone a flying phobia for the rest of their life, but hey... my number one reading rule: don't ask what you don't want to know.

...My defense before anyone chews me out for doing such a reading: this wasn't a stranger with a gun in their purse ready to check themselves out if the reading didn't go "right"... this was someone I have known for about 15 years and I knew their mental state before conducting such a reading. You *do* have to be very careful dealing with death issues with readings for complete strangers.

a_shikhs

catlin said:
IMO life is birth - death - rebirth, one cannot exist without the other, it is just the normal circle of Life.

catlin, that is a lovely way of looking at life, birth and death..

I remember this quote i had read in a book.. " Rejoice at death and grieve at birth." Someone has died for someone to be born and vice versa..

Its just kinda scary predicting someone's death..

Michael

I wouldn't think it's wrong as such, but I'd never do it myself. i'd be scared of the answer