Scaring

Naudia

Hello everyone;

I just had two mole removed in delicate areas yesterday and I wanted to know of a salve that I can put on them after the stitches come out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

May the Gods bless you and yours.

Naudia.

serenaserendipity

Calendula Ointment!

Calendula is very very gentle and helps soothe burns, surgeries and cuts and rashes...

Try to find a Calendula Ointment in a Almond Oil/Beeswax base...

Sincerely,
Serendipity

P.S. Stay away from Petrolatum products -they are a byproduct of gasoline!

Sometimes if you can't find Calendula ointment directly, you could look for some herbal babycream-- it's often the same thing!

Ankou

For bruises and scars, Arnica can work wonders. I have a friend whose had 13 concussions :bugeyed: and she swears arnica is the only reason she doesn't look like a potato head!

It reduces swelling, bruises and pain, but can't be used on cut wounds or abraided skin. So it would be best to use once the skin is fully healed together.

Love and Light,

Ankou

memries

I had good results with Vitamin E. I was able to buy a bottle of gooey Vitamin E. It had nothing else in it. My scars hardly show. Make sure you buy something pure and read the label and if it is not...do not buy it.
There is a big scam going on about natural products and they are not natural at all. If the label has any additives then it is not natural and I agree about all the petroleum products on the market. We have been severely taken advantage of by these companies who claim one thing and then produce another. Only apply anything once the skin is healed. After all, you do not want to get an infection from any products that are not sterile.
You could also take Vit. E. orally to speed the healing as well and that you could do right away. Also some of the Vitamin B's are for trauma and if you have an operation that is trauma ! Look it up though before buying as I am not just sure about which B to take. Hope you feel better very soon...memries

sharpchick

A comfrey poultice. . .

A word of caution though - pregnant women shouldn't ingest comfrey or place poultices where they can be absorbed by the skin.