Moldavite and Tektite

Firephoenix

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and wonder if anyone can advice me the exact difference of moldavite and tektite please?

I've bought a 3gm so call moldavite. It looked like one. Dark translucent green with a bit of bubble inside but still not sure if it is or not.

So far had it for almost three weeks but I don't feel any vibes from it. I tried meditation but my mind always wander about so did not really manage to feel it.

Anyone care to share their experience with their moldavite stone and how do I tell if mine is real or well man-made glass?

All responses are much appreciated in advance.

Thanks all

Netzach

I have a friend who has a crystal shop and is very knowledgeable. He won't have moldavite in his shop because it carries such dark energies. It takes you down into dark places that most people can't cope with and is therefore only for those who have been working with crystals and meditation for a long time.

I would suspect that if you're not getting anything from working with this crystal then either it's not true moldavite or else you are being protected from its energies.

Acadia

The best way to tell if yours was real is the price. Moldavite is an extremely rare stone because it is only found in one place in the world, but still commonly available in small (but increasingly more expensive) chunks. This stone has a relatively low fraud and reproduction rate since the stone is still available and not quite expensive enough to make a synthetic or fake version a big money maker.

Moldavite tends to work gently when it's first introduced to a person. If you're having trouble with it not working for you, you might try to carry it on your person or in a locket for a few days. You can also try programming it or cleansing it. There are some stones that just won't work until you program them, and this could be one of them. Some stones are like computers... They're really powerful, but until you get in there and say what you want, it'll just sit there.

I don't know that I'd agree that Moldavite is a "dark stone," but I would say that because it is a powerful stone, there are people who are overwhelmed by its energy and ability to reveal the truth. Like the movie says, not all people can handle the truth of their lives. I personally have not have negative problems with Moldavite, though I will admit it's power can be jarring if you're not prepared for it, or used to the lighter energies of stones like Quartz.

Netzach

Acadia said:
I don't know that I'd agree that Moldavite is a "dark stone," but I would say that because it is a powerful stone, there are people who are overwhelmed by its energy and ability to reveal the truth. Like the movie says, not all people can handle the truth of their lives. I personally have not have negative problems with Moldavite, though I will admit it's power can be jarring if you're not prepared for it, or used to the lighter energies of stones like Quartz.

Yes, I think I expressed it badly. What my friend means is that it can take you into the dark places - which some people can't handle.

doreen

moldavite

HI, I don't agree with moldavite being a dark stone. I recommend cleansing and charging any stone before you use it.
Moldavite has an extremely high vibration, which opens, clears blockages from, and aligns the chakras.
Moldavite is thought to have extraterrestrial origin, a stone of the New Age.
It is said to have formed when a giant meteorite hit the earth.
Moldavite has been used since the Stone Age as a talisman for good protection and fertility.Placed beside other crystals it can greatly enhance the effect of other crystals, taking them to their highest vibrational level.
Doreen

Firephoenix

Acadia said:
The best way to tell if yours was real is the price.

Hi Acadia,

It's about equivalent to US$16.00 for 3gm. Would you think it's a bit cheap? I bought it in a shop in my country.

I think I'm one person that has very low 'energy'? If you could call that. I remember twice in my life there was earthquakes in the neighbouing country and I slept through the night wherese all my neigbours ran down. I only got to know there was an earthquake the next day when I went to work.

Another time the earthquake happened when I was at work. Everyone felt it except me :( and everyone was shouting and running for the exit already while I stood there asking what happen duh.

So could that mean I'm really low on vibes or energy myself that is why I couldn't feel anything from my moldavite?

Can someone teach me how to be more receptive to these type of 'energy' please?

Thanks in advance for responses.

redflash

When I started studying crstals last year, I tried the usual amethyst, rose quartz etc but got nothing from then. Then I bought a tiny piece of moldavite & meditated with it. The best way I can describe it it by saying it blew the top of my head off. There was a tremendous rush of energy straight through my body. I couldn't ground myself for days, I was really out of it & felt very ill. Needless to say I haven't touched it since. Moldavite & herkimer diamonds are the only things I react to. Its quite a rush, some people like it, but it's not for me, I couldn't handle it. Make sure you are very good at grounding the energies afterwards. Never tried tektite, I don't do crystal work now as I seem to have too strong a reaction.

Firephoenix

Grade?

By the way, is the grade important for Moldavite? I notice they are categorize into 'A' - 'AA' - 'AAA' and even 'AAA+'.

Will the grade here determine the better the grade the more powerful is the stone? Also I read from the internet the only real Moldavite must be from Czech itself. Any other country is consider 'fake'? Can someone really shed some light on this please?

Any responses are much appreciated.

Thank you

doreen

Moldavite, comes from Czech Rep, Germany and Moldova.
The AAA's quality is a chart for gem quality stones that would be set in jewellery.
The quality of the stone does not make a difference with healing stones.

Acadia

Firephoenix said:
Hi Acadia,

It's about equivalent to US$16.00 for 3gm. Would you think it's a bit cheap? I bought it in a shop in my country.

According to my pricing schedule which is from Dec. 05, Moldavite was pricing out at about $8.766666 per gram US non-bulk orders. Bulk orders price out at about $6.23333 per gram, give or take. Since yours was $5.3333+ per gram, I'd say it's right in the acceptable range for what you can expect to pay, considering any changes in the market since my last sheet, your location, etc. Market listing notes for the stone is "rare in nature, uncommon in gemstone markets, extremely low counterfeit rate in raw cuts, low to moderate counterfeit rate in polished jewler cuts, source depletion on the increase causing market prices to fluctuate."

I would not be concerned that what you had was fake, I'd guess considering what you've shared and the price, taking into account the low counterfit rate in raw crystals. It seems unlikely with the relatively moderate price per gram that somebody would have much to gain by making fakes. To us as consumers, $8 a gram is a lot, but for those trying to make money, not so much.

I think I'm one person that has very low 'energy'? If you could call that. I remember twice in my life there was earthquakes in the neighbouing country and I slept through the night wherese all my neigbours ran down. I only got to know there was an earthquake the next day when I went to work.

Another time the earthquake happened when I was at work. Everyone felt it except me :( and everyone was shouting and running for the exit already while I stood there asking what happen duh.

So could that mean I'm really low on vibes or energy myself that is why I couldn't feel anything from my moldavite?

I'll be honest, it sounds more to me like you might need to work on your connection to the energies of earth. We are all slightly more in line with or attuned to specific elements... For example, I'm very well connected to water, and everything having to do with water comes very easily to me. My husband, who's better linked to fire, has a harder time with the things that come easily to me. Even when we stand next to each other, staring at the same thing, our interactions are very different with water, and I can see or feel things he can't. On the flip side, I'm not so well connected to air. Everything with that element is a struggle with me, right on down to simple things, like moderating my breathing during Yoga. That's something that I should work on. Since Moldavite, although it's a fire sign stone, has very strong connections to Earth energy... So not only do you have the earth-energy of a gemstone, but you have additional earth energy of a stone that's created when a meteor fuses with melted rock from Earth. Even looking at the stones it compliments best... Most are earth-energy stones.

Can someone teach me how to be more receptive to these type of 'energy' please?

I'd suggest a couple of things if you want to be more receptive to earth energy, or just moldavite in general.

Firstly, try combining your use of Moldavite with Quartz. Quartz will gently augment it's energy, help to direct it so it's less scattered for you, since you need a little more focusing in this stone's energy. Or, if you know what element you work best with, try using it with lapis (water), pumice (if fire is your thing), or celestite (air). You might find that it makes it easier for you to recieve the stone's energy. Individually, all of those stones work beautifully with Moldavite, but I think if you pick the one that matches your elemental strongsuit, you'll be happily surprised.

Secondly, you can try increasing your link to the element of earth. This can be as simple as getting outside more and really enjoying and noticing what's around you, or as complicated as meditating to an earth-themed meditation.

Just go slowly, see how it reacts to you, and remember, these things take time.

Also, if you have not done already, you might try charging your stone. It may be something as simple as you have the stone and the stone has the capability, but it just doesn't know what to do. It's just like computers... Computers are great, but unless you turn it on and pick the program you'd like to use on it, all you have is a really powerful bookweight. :)