Any Herb Recipes??

December Fairy

Does anyone have any recipes for facial cleansers, shampoo or anything like that? I'm just starting to read about herbs and what they can be used for.

Even for cooking, like oils with herb mixtures in them would be nice too.

I thought it would be nice to make some items using them.

Gyda

I use a mixture of witchhazel, rose or lavender on my face washng or scrubbign it. When I've got Aloe extract I add that was well. Its great for the skin.

Gyda

memries

I have been buying an underarm deodorant.. all natural.. as I was having tenderness and pain in my chest. I am completely ok now and am sure it was the commercial deodorant I was using.
It turns out that what I have been buying is made of: Distilled water, Certified Organic Grapefruit Seed Extract.
That's it ! Can you imagine all the chemicals we put in our bodies for no reason at all.
So I am going to try to buy the Grapefruit Seed Extract and make my own as it is not cheap to buy and since the bottle is small I do go through them. It is also the nuisance of having to order them.
My friend has a website where only pure products are presented and she and her husband have researched all they offer. I do not want to put it on here as it might be a commercial but if you im me I will give you the address.

memries

Oh yes forgot... you can make a room deodorizer spray with just water and Oil of Lavender. Buy the Lavender from France that is distilled or whatever. Some oils are full of contaminants. Also if you spray it near a child's pillow they will sleep better. I would not spray it right on.

rainstarhorizon

Pennyroyal and Rew (sometimes called Rue)

Can be used as a flea spray for dogs. Steep a 1/2 cup of leaves of each of them in 2 cups of water. A friend of mine and I have actually used this for a number of years on our doggy friends.