Any idea what to use for aching joints?

catlin

Hi there,
Do you have any suggestion what to use for a hurting elbow? I suppose I have some trouble with the joint and doc only prescribed pain killer and a salve but no improvement. He thinks it is caused by the typing (I did not hurt my elbow and normally arthritis or the like are not in my family).

I use "Teufelskralle" (don't know the English word, it's a plant which is said to work well on joints) and silicea globuli together with a tiger eye bracelet.

redflash

Have you heard of Infinity stones? Funny looking pebbles, they are supposed to work wonders for aching joints. New age shops should have them. A garlic vinegar compress might also help. Hope you're feeling better soon. x

catlin

Hi redflash,
Thanks for the suggestions. Garlic vinegar is ok, but I have never heard about Infinity stones (and I am pretty sure I don't get these ones here as the local meta stores here are run by rather unexperienced ppl).

memries

catlin....put your hands together and rub them until you have some energy going and then put your healthy hand over the area of inflammation on your elbow and all over. Slowly, very slowly and resting between, move your hand down your arm from top to bottom. You are trying to get the energy to move. It is all energy or when in pain a blockage of that energy.
If you can, start on your good arm first and if not do the sore arm but it is important to balance your two arms. It is lack of balance also that causes stress to the tissues.
If you meditate then do that but bring in a healing light (green) and picture it going through your body.
This can help a lot and certainly gives comfort. I suppose you could call it a form of self Reiki. Let me know..memries

catlin

Thanks, memries, I tried something similar yesterday and matters grew worse :( (I found out that it is not wise to use a kind of Reiki on inflammation, at least not for me). What is your opinion on this? I am not so much of a Reiki person so I am not sure if Reiki really has a negative effect on inflammation or if this is just something how I react to it.

I think I will go home for today and put a kind of cool pack on the elbow and try the garlic vinegar rub.

Ruby7

If massage made it worse then heat is not the way to go. When joints are inflammed they can be further aggravated by massage and heat.

An ice pack should help to bring the inflammation down. It sounds like your elbow needs some rest also, try not to use it too much. Gentle stretching exercises may also help.

Hope it feels better soon.

ruby7

catlin

Thanks, Ruby7, so off to home with me, no computer, but cold pack instead!!

Tarotphelia

(((((((Sorry to hear you're hurting !! ))))))))

I can only say what is working for me for physical pain:

MSM, cayenne, oregano, olive , garlic , holy basil and sarsaparilla capsules . With Advil, of course .

Sometimes with pain in one area only it has its' origins in a different part of the body , or in the position in which we sleep , so that might be worth thinking about .

Horace

I have problems with the joint at the base of my thumb. I use clary sage oil or arnica rub on my hands a lot. But I will reach for my copper bracelet with magnetic tips before I reach for the OTC pill. Try one for pain. Whether it works, or you just think it works, it counts when the pain is gone. I've also been desperate enough to use a refrigerator magnet directly on the joint! LOL

I use arnica flower heads (buy dried organic if you have to) chopped fine and put them into warmed mineral oil. Set the jar somewhere warm. I use the water heater closet. Shake it every 2-3 days for 2 weeks, Strain through some muslin if you like and store covered. It's similar to making a tincture, but with oil instead of wood-grain alcohol.

Cayenne pepper sprinkled on a warm wet cloth, applied directly to the elbow soaks into the skin. Make sure no broken skin. Skiers use cayenne in their socks to draw the blood to the surface of the small capillaries near the skin. Now they manufacture stay warm products with cayenne pepper. Tabasco sauce works too.
And don't forget all purpose Epsom Salts.
Good Luck :) Hh

catlin

Thanks a bunch for all your helpful advice. I found out that the cold pack was ok (seems this elbow trouble responds better to cold than to warm).

Thanks also for the idea with the Cayenne pepper socks. I will keep that in mind when I have my reading booth on the Sylvester fair in winter. :)