Tired?

goddessof1967

When a querant is mentally and physically exhausted, so much so that it can be difficult to keep ones mind on the issue, can it effect the accurateness of a reading?

Goddess

poivre

When you are stressed your mind is not clear.

I find that I can't remember everything that I should
if I'm not at ease during a reading.

When your stressed your whole body is affected.

Also, when you are stressed sometimes you only
hear what you want to hear.
Take Care,
ros :)

catlin

Hi goddessof1967,
Readings for stressed querents are a touchy subject.

I usually try to calm the querent before the reading but in case the querent does not calm down I do not read for him/her.

Zephyros

For me, reading is a dialogue, something that you do with a person, not to a person. If the you or the querent is under stress, or tired, or unable to have the reading for any other reasons, than it owuld be best to postpone it until a later date. Same as having a conversation with them, you couldn't do that calmly if they were under stress, could you?

Apollonia

I just had this come up for the first time the other day. I did read for the person, but it was exhausting for me, and it made me think twice about doing this in the future. I'd be interested, though, as to what the reaction is when you tell a person you won't read for her or him until they calm down. Any problems with that?

tmgrl2

Oddly or not so....

I believe a number of our querents come to us at times in their lives when they have trials and often many questions or an area of their lives that needs attention....I have had many sitters wind up crying as we have brought issues forward and talked through the reading as a process....so

I rather expect someone who comes to me to be "tired" in some ways....even if tired in spirit....

I would describe the crying as a release....an affirmation of what they already know...but are now allowing to come to the surface.

This doesn't present a problem to me at all. But my work over the years has often been with people who have long-standing disabilities, early childhood developmental issues, or neurologically based language or swallowing problems....(all ages for this latter group). Counseling is a huge part of what I do with these clients. If someone has a stroke, for example, the whole family often becomes part of the treatment and rehab program...and feelings run high.....So I'm not sure how much my work of the past 30 years plus, has contributed to my comfort level with tired, perhaps stressed out people, who, in addition have or have a family member with a communication disorder.

I also plan, now that I am retired, to volunteer at our Hospice....it seems a natural flow from my work.....

There are the readings we do spur of the moment or at parties where people sign up and sit for a short reading...but I find that my sitters who make an appointment for an hour or half hour come to me with an agenda, and with questions or a question.....and, when these people return, it is often to pick up where they are in

They come to us for a reading for a reason. We need to plumb that reason and be prepared to offer what we can offer under the umbrella of Tarot

terri

Fatima

I wouldn't think. You're the one reading, not them. They could even be sleeping or even absent and it would be accurate just the same!
Unless, it disturbs*you* of course.

F.

goddessof1967

tmgrl2 said:
Oddly or not so....

I believe a number of our querents come to us at times in their lives when they have trials and often many questions or an area of their lives that needs attention....I have had many sitters wind up crying as we have brought issues forward and talked through the reading as a process....so

I rather expect someone who comes to me to be "tired" in some ways....even if tired in spirit....
terri
Yes thats very true. It is usually in times when one doesn't feel strong enough in spirit and needs some guidance that they go for a reading. Not always, sometimes its for fun 'with the girls' or something like that.

In this case it was me who was the querant. I went to my Tarot teacher for a reading and I was physically and mentally exhausted not only through work but also due to a particular stressful situation.

I suppose if it is your higher self that is guiding the reading, then it doesn't matter how tired your ego/concious self is, the higher self never gets tired. However, I could see how stress would affect a reading.

fatima said:
I wouldn't think. You're the one reading, not them. They could even be sleeping or even absent and it would be accurate just the same!
Thats true too. We always do readings here online without the querant present. And most of the time they probably are asleep when we do the reading!

I suppose I meant more for a face to face or is that not at all relevant? Could it be that even if they are really tired or really stressed we still won't be able to connect?

Thats an interesting topic in itself. If the querant isn't infront of us, is their mental or physical state of any consequence to the reading???

catlin

Apollonia said:
I just had this come up for the first time the other day. I did read for the person, but it was exhausting for me, and it made me think twice about doing this in the future. I'd be interested, though, as to what the reaction is when you tell a person you won't read for her or him until they calm down. Any problems with that?

Oh, normally I am pretty good at calming agitated persons but I once had a querent who was pretty agitated when she came for the reading and even my "soothing talk" did not work on her because she simply was not in the right mood for getting a reading, she was stressed from the traffic, she had been caught in a traffic jam before (I told her before that the street was under reconstruction and that she should be prepared for some traffic problem) and she simply did not want to relax so I knew my skills would be vasted on her in that state of mind because she was only looking for a reason to go ballistic.

I told her firmly that she was not in the right mood for doing a karmic reading (she had wanted that one) and that I would propose her to postpone the reading and I invited her for a coffee in a nearby cafe. Funny enough, that was ok for her.