multiple readings in one day

madmoiselle

What are your thoughts on doing several readings a day, such as, a general reading, then may-be one for some-thing in particular? I'm often confused about this.

SarahRose

I'd love to know opinions too.

goddesscarlie

Do it. Why not? Some days you feel like using the cards and one spread wont satisfy. I think the only problem would be if you start useing the cards ALL the time, for silly things like "do I want the red curtins or the blue." - OK, sometimes it is fun just to do playful spreads like this, but it becomes harmful when you rely on the cards like this.

Also, I don't think it is good to do a spread, then a clarifying spread, and a clarifying spread of the clarifying spread... If you need to do that then you aren't listening to the cards!

Well, that is my opinion, I'm curious to see what others say

SarahRose

goddesscarlie said:
Do it. Why not? Some days you feel like using the cards and one spread wont satisfy. I think the only problem would be if you start useing the cards ALL the time, for silly things like "do I want the red curtins or the blue." - OK, sometimes it is fun just to do playful spreads like this, but it becomes harmful when you rely on the cards like this.

Also, I don't think it is good to do a spread, then a clarifying spread, and a clarifying spread of the clarifying spread... If you need to do that then you aren't listening to the cards!

Well, that is my opinion, I'm curious to see what others say

Thanks for the opinion. I'm a (very very) newb and my personal inclination is that it's all right to do multiple readings in one day as long as (like you said) they are "important."

:)

Alta

:) I don't think you have save tarot for important things only. Make them a part of your everyday life. Otherwise how will you be able to trust yourself when the big things start to happen?

a_shikhs

There is absolutely no problem in doing a reading everyday. Sometimes I use various spreads for my readings when I dont have a particular question in mind. Its great fun. :)

Dwaas

Read and play as much as you like! No matter serious readings or fun readings. As long as you stay in charge of your life instead of a bunch of cards there can not be any harm. Enjoy!
Blessings

la-luna

You can do as many readings a day as you wish for clarification, for fun or to try a new spread or deck….

But as said above there are some thing you must look at like not overdoing it reading to clarify a reading to clarify….., or always ask the same question over and over (things aren’t going to change because you don’t like them).

For the rest learn and enjoy!

Lain_82

I don't see the harm in doing multiple readings... However, I don't like to rely on my cards to make every decision.... ¿should I eat pizza or lasagna? it gives me the feeling that I'm not in control of my own life.
Besides, I agree with what has been said: doing a clarification spread of the clarification spread of a celtic cross probably means that you're not getting the message the cards are trying to tell you and no matter how many clarification cards you pull out, you're probably not going to get it anyway.
One thing I used to do was asking the same question everyday... eventually I was not only getting the same answer; somehow my cards started telling me what I wanted to happen instead of what was true, and that taught me to give some issues a break. That applies too when you use many different spreads for the same problem. some may help you to see thing from a different perspective but too many confuse the issue even more.

madmoiselle

thanks

I don't usually use clarification spreads; only if I have a repeating card that confuses me. But I was just looking for thoughts on doing separate readings, each a different question, is all. Thanks for all your answers!