Tarot Book CLUBS

tabi

I'm have been looking on and off for a club or something that does divination books/tarot decks and books: like QBP or Doubleday book club. The only one I have found is One Spirit. :confused:

I have tried One Spirit I had major problems getting what I ordered. This was the very first order that I did with them they couldn't send me what I order because they were out and didn't send notice until after I got mad and canceled the membership. I also don't like what they have to offer. (I'm not bashing just saying NOT what I want)

I am looking for something more centered in Tarot and tarot related items, anyone have any suggests please let me know. I am in the US.

*Mods, if this is a re-post sorry and if the wrong spot please feel free to move.

jmd

I had read tabi's post about a dozen times, and it finally dawned on me as what what was probably meant by 'book club' (still a little unsure) - and certainly not what I normally would understand by the term:

Do you mean a commercial seller that markets its products on an ongoing regular (eg, monthly) basis, for which the customer is expected to purchase regular items marketed?

If so (and I could be incorrect in my understanding of this usage of the word 'club'), what is the advantage of this over simply buying items selected from, for example, Tarot Garden?

blackstormhawk

Book-Clubs typically provide recently published (hardbacked) books at lower prices, traditionally because their books are printed on different press sizes using cheaper-quality inks and papers.

A lot of these clubs used to be independent organizations, but there have been a lot of buy-outs in the business, and many of the clubs are now owned by the same company (Book of the Month Club). Part of the draw is the number of books you get free or cheap to join, plus a variety of bonus point programs that allow you to earn free books or money off their 'already low prices' once you have bought a specified number of books.

There are also music and DVD clubs (Columbia House, for example) that operate similarly.

EDITED TO ADD AN AFTERTHOUGHT: If video killed the radio star, then amazon.com killed the book clubs ...

Edge

tabi said:
I have tried One Spirit I had major problems getting what I ordered.
Yep I had the same problem with those folks (and that's a nice word for them) a few years back. Come to think of it I believe the scar is still on my credit report. :rolleyes: Sorry but I really don't know of one. I recommend amazon, eBay or maybe some of the folks here at AT.

Ruby7

blackstormhawk said:
EDITED TO ADD AN AFTERTHOUGHT: If video killed the radio star, then amazon.com killed the book clubs ...

I had a laugh at your comment. It is so true!! I haven't purchased anything from my bookclub (Quality Paperback)for a while since the price is always better on Amazon.ca and the bookclub never seems to have books I want. A tarot book club would be great, wish there was one.

Ruby7

tarotbear

I don't believe there is such a thing as a 'Tarot-only' book club out there. I have gotten ads from One Spirit many times but they seem so superficial in their choices ("who's hot this week?").

I have to agree with JMD about the use of the word 'club', which once upon a time indicated they had cheaper prices for the same stuff you saw elsewhere .. although cheaper prices did not guarantee they had the selections you wanted ... you can't beat Amazon with a stick!

tabi

OKay I have just now caugth up on this one. I was without power for about four days since we got hit with storms. :mad:

I know that I wasn't every clear on what I wanted but it was kind of hard to explain. I am one of those people that unless it is directly in front of me I will not go looking for it, unless it is something specific that I want. Which is why I don't use Amazon. I have looked some on eBay....wow that place is crazy!

But thank you everyone for answer.

Kahlie

Tabi, why do you not simply find some good websites that regularly update with book reviews? That way you know what's coming and you can then decide to buy it on Amazon or somewhere else for the lowest prices?

Besides that Amazon (I think?! I'm European so I don't order there) has the ability to make lists of books so you can see what other titles are liked by the same people.

Maybe some of these lists will help you regularly see the books you like? Tarot Garden has a what's new section as well I think, but that's more for decks.

Kahlie