Of tarot-based spells

Manjusri

I once had a book concerning this topic.

But as far as I can recall, the book focused on actual spells and workings itself(most of them would be categorized into Low, or Grey magic), and never dwelt on mechanisms by which such miraculous deeds are done.

Yep, there's comfortable enough explanation, which would include subconsciousness, kind of self-suggestion, etc etc.

Still I would like to try more "occult" "mystical", whatever :D

Craig suggested good theory in his nice "Modern Magic" concerning Qabalistic world concept.
It can be bent to suit this case, but I would try my own :)

Tarot represents archetypal situations.

It's somewhat digital, isn't it?

No single situation on our mundane world can perfectly in accord with a card; there's only 78 cards, yet possiblities in our world are almost infinite.

When we read the card, we use "bird of a feather flock together" rule.
(Maybe Golden Bough has some neat words for this rule)

That is to say, the card can be considered as "infusioned" with particular forces or influences, whatever.
Designs, Numberings, Symbols, etc is giving it.

Tarot spells would work in reverse order, trying to tap into these forces.

Once appropriate road is made,

Diffusion happens, in accordance with thermodynamic law of Entropy,
(which can be thought as represented by 13.Death card, therefore at least I think its usage here is justified in occult sense :D)

Therefore forces or influences would "flood out".

The magician should wisely control the forces lest it would continue to diffuse, becoming very thin.
the forces can be thought as coloring agents, so the magician would "color" whatever he desires, thus enchanting it.

So, except in building initial road, there's no need of outside energy!

In fact, if we can smartly design the spell, we can even "gather" energy from diffusion ; as we get electricity from falling water.

But, since I used entropy principle :) there should be a balancing factor...

What if I choose 19.Sun and summon forces of it endlessly?
Entire world being perfect?
Nope. There's no free lunch.

So there come "charged" concept.

Someone made the card himself. He drawed it, cut it, etcetc.

Then, the card can be thought as charged.

When it is tapped, forces come out.
It works as I have written... for some times.
But when it reaches some degree, it simply stop : for it arrived at Equilibrium.

Yes, we still can get the force out. But in order to do that, we should use our *own* energy - outside energy is needed!

Is it impossible to use the card in divination?

It's still possible; because the card have higher affinity for the forces it represents than the mundane world, even if equilibrium is reached it contains much forces : enough to work "birds of a feather" principle.

I think usual cards we see would be often equilibrium state... :-(

Hmmmmmm..................
It became scientific mess :-(
But I couldn't write it without those terms...

Maybe I can try to invent some my own spells based on this :D
I'm specially interested in "generator" part, creating energy from charged card >_<

Grigori

I've been thinking to get this book to learn a little about spells using tarot. Maybe it would be useful Manjusri.

Bad_Calvin

This weekend author Janina Renee is coming in to my local Store to discuss spells, etc. I am looking forward to it. Do a google search and you can see a few books that she has done. If anyone is near Lansing Michigan, you would be welcome to come to it. It is at Tripple Goddess Bookstore, Okemos MI. I was going to pick up one of her books while there.

I guess my point is, if you were anywhere near, you could stop by. If your not and you want to ask some questions, PM me, and I will be glad to ask the question on your behalf and then get back with you.