Tarot Dream Circle!

theunseen

A couple people requested in Sleeping With the Lovers Card, that we make a sudy group, or circle for sleeping with different cards, I thought Id go ahead and start it.

First of all, if some one hasnt read the previous thread, my friend told me that if you sleep with The Lovers card under your pillow, you will dream about your true love. Many people got very differnt results, in most the lover in question was faceless and/or nameless, which makes me think that the dreams only give you clues as to who it will be, or what kind of person it will be etc.

The idea is sleep with one card under your pillow one night a week (Or every night if you prefer) and post the dream you had, and how it connected to the card, and things like that. We'll do one card every week, so as to not make things confusing. Or as LittleBuddah suggested, one week we could pick a card at random and not look at it. The next morning, post your dream, and how it connected to the card you slept with. And also as LB suggested, you could sleep with two cards at once. Of course if we do this, it will have to have a seperate week!

If you sleep with the card every night of the week, you could compare how the dreams related, if there was one message in all of them, or just a jumbled up message.

Im sorry if I overlooked some one elses suggestions in the other thread, if I have then post them here, and we'll all disscuss it. If some one doesnt like the things that I suggested, the same applies :).

Also, if your more creative than me, which probably just about every one is ;) then be sure to post your thoughts! And, if you are more organized than me, which again, Im sure every one is, then post your ideas on how to make this easier to understand!

I dont want to make it sound like Im the "head honcho", or "group leader" of this experiment, every one is just as important! I think we should discuss what cards we'll use first, alternative ways of doing it, etc. things like that, befor we start. Also, if some one wants more rules or a more structured way of doing this then by all means post!!

If you join in after weve started then you can of course try with us, and post your dreams, but youll have to start with the card that were at. We are starting with The Fool, and going through the Major Arcana in numerical order.

We've also decided that we will take one week with each card.

Blessed Be
Emily

Aulruna

Very cool - thanks for posting this comprehensive summary of the previous thread!

I would prefer one of two alternatives:

1- give the Lovers card some more nights, so late comers can still join in. Also, I have the feeling some of the ideas created there could be further explored, like "possible hints and how to read them"

2- if we start with another card, I'd start with the Fool - "jump right in".

Would be happy to hear other suggestions as well, of course.

Morwenna

theunseen

Morwenna said:
Very cool - thanks for posting this comprehensive summary of the previous thread!

I would prefer one of two alternatives:

1- give the Lovers card some more nights, so late comers can still join in. Also, I have the feeling some of the ideas created there could be further explored, like "possible hints and how to read them"

2- if we start with another card, I'd start with the Fool - "jump right in".

Would be happy to hear other suggestions as well, of course.

Morwenna

Of couse we could let late comers experience with The Lovers card first, but I would like this thread to be organized, so it should be posted in the original one. (So not trying to be a nag!!! :) )

It would be interesting to start with The Fool, considering he marks the beggining of a journey, begining with it would be starting our own journey, into our subconcious so to say. Wonderfull idea!

Emily

Azarial

First off, I would like to say I would definately join the dream circle, and I think that it would also help us better understand the different cards we may have previously had trouble with.

Starting with The Fool is a great idea since it is the beginning of a journey, and this is the beginning of our journey exploring the tarot in this way.

I would like to suggest that after we do this with the Majors it might also be interesting to explore the Minors in this way as well.

It might also be a good idea to maybe record in our tarot journals if we have one, our different experiences with each card so that we may look back at it later.

One last thing I would like to add is, how many nights do you all think should be devoted to each card?

~Azarial~

theunseen

Azarial said:
First off, I would like to say I would definately join the dream circle, and I think that it would also help us better understand the different cards we may have previously had trouble with.

Starting with The Fool is a great idea since it is the beginning of a journey, and this is the beginning of our journey exploring the tarot in this way.

I would like to suggest that after we do this with the Majors it might also be interesting to explore the Minors in this way as well.

It might also be a good idea to maybe record in our tarot journals if we have one, our different experiences with each card so that we may look back at it later.

One last thing I would like to add is, how many nights do you all think should be devoted to each card?

~Azarial~

Trying this with the Minors should be interesting, and we should try it with them after we're done with the Majors.

I think its a good idea too, to put the dreams in our journals.

I was thinking along the lines of 3 days, but if some one wants more time then that will be fine. Like if their dream reacured the second night, and same for the third, going on just a little bit each time, we would have to let them keep going with it, so they could understand it more. I wouldnt want to leave anyone behind! But if some one wants there to be more nights, then of course post, and we'll discuss it further. I think that at the very least we have to have two nights for each card.

Emily

Agathe

As you might know I tried the Wheel of Fortune last night so I am interested in the whole experiment.
Count me in. I will try either the same cars tonight or a different one. I'll let you know.

Blessings,
Agata

red11

Great idea. Count me in! But what about a week with each card? This would give everyone ample time to work with it and dreams....both the ones who have only slept with it for a couple of nights and the others who want a little more time. Perhaps we'll see more connections with the card and dreams over a week; also, that will give time for some dream interpretation ideas/conversation. Just my 2 cents..

Azarial

Great idea. Count me in! But what about a week with each card? This would give everyone ample time to work with it and dreams....both the ones who have only slept with it for a couple of nights and the others who want a little more time. Perhaps we'll see more connections with the card and dreams over a week; also, that will give time for some dream interpretation ideas/conversation. Just my 2 cents..

I agree, I think that a week would be ideal.

~Azarial~

Julien

I think a week with each card, too. Everyone can try it two nights (or more if they want), and then record their thoughts in the thread for that week's card.

I am looking forward to this!

Julien

theunseen

A week it is! I cant wait untill we can get started!

Emily