Cleansing a necklace

cait_inthe_moon

I used to wear a necklace with a pewter four- sided pendent. It always seemed to absorb any negative energy that was directed at me, and it brougth me good luck. I felt good wearing it. Now it seems that it has gotten "full." I have tried cleansing it by leaving it on my window sill in the sunlight and moonlight, but it hasn't helped. When I wear it, I can feel negativity everywhere, and my luck seems to run bad. The necklace is actually a pendulum, but I've never been good at that form of divination. I tried asking it if I should cleanse it a different way, but I could never get a straight answer out of it. I miss wearing it and would like to be able to "empty" it of the negativity. Can some one please help?

Description (it might be helpful?): Four sided, each side has a phase of the moon, and a person dancing under it.

sharpchick

I think I would try putting it on my altar and having a "rededication" ritual for it - cleansing it of all negativity and programming it to work as an amulet for you again. After the ritual, leave the necklace on the altar overnight.

Sage and cedar make powerful cleansing smoke. Or you could use whatever incense you personally like for cleansing. If you have a piece of citrine or selenite, you could lay the pendant on the stone. The moon phase now could work to your advantage. (The full moon might have amplified the negativity.)

I would not use salt or saltwater to cleanse it, as I'd be afraid salt would pit the pewter.

dr. farr

I will say (at least in dynamic lithotherapy) that we seem to be completely effective in "cleansing" and "clearing" stones merely by:
1) wiping them off with a smooth, clean cloth, and then
2) touching them briefly to a magnet
Contact with a magnet will clear all subtle as well as electromagnetic accumulations of any substance- immediately. Further, we have not found that this brief magnet contact diminshes or distorts the field of the stone (or metal) even slightly or temporarily (at least no evidence of such effects has been found via radiesthetic analysis).

sharpchick

lithotherapist said:
I will say (at least in dynamic lithotherapy) that we seem to be completely effective in "cleansing" and "clearing" stones merely by:
1) wiping them off with a smooth, clean cloth, and then
2) touching them briefly to a magnet
Contact with a magnet will clear all subtle as well as electromagnetic accumulations of any substance- immediately. Further, we have not found that this brief magnet contact diminshes or distorts the field of the stone (or metal) even slightly or temporarily (at least no evidence of such effects has been found via radiesthetic analysis).

But it's not a stone - it's pewter. Wouldn't you magnetize it like that?

chrisam-crystals

if it is true pewter then yes it will - pewter is mainly tin.

mind you, even if it silver plated it will magnetise so the answer is yes on both counts! lol

you could always try leaving it in the moonlight when it is waning, and smudging with herbs/incense whilst it is on a crystal cluster - then you will have all bases covered. :D

the waning moon is utilised for banishing and removing things, so it would be a good time to get the negative energy out of it.

jue xx

faery

Do you have a garden? I would place the pendant (do remember its location) on the earth/grass or wherever you feel drawn, and as the pendant touches the garden - use your intent that the negative is converted to its equal and opposite force of positivity - and leave it overnight or for 2 - 3 days ideally. If you need protection from it in that time - just ask that you connect to it, and visualise it around your neck.

I also use various pendants at different times. If you use this method, in my experience, I find the overloaded energies, through the grounding/converting to positive, will allow the pendant to return to a more beneficial emanation.

Enjoy.

cait_inthe_moon

I am gonna definitly try these suggestions. Thanks for your advice. I'm thinking that "chrisam-crystals" idea is probably gonna work nicely. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the advice.

dr. farr

Briefly touching any metal to a magnet will not result in that metal becoming magnetic-it would take constant contact to achieve this, or else exposure to a very powerful electromagnet; even iron may be cleared with a brief touch to a magnet without it becoming magnetic itself.